Lead Linux/Unix Engineer
As a Lead Unix Engineer your main responsibility will be handling the development process of our migration product from the Unix perspective. You are the lead of the team and your role is a mix of a Unix system administrator, developer and technical support person. Work you'll do
The team Cloud Engineering
- You will be responsible for adding new features/bug fixes requested by product management. You will need to distribute work among all other team members and coach them with their assignments. You will need to review the pull requests the team pushes through Git (in BASH or Golang) and approve them (ensuring every commit they make is in good shape to enter the product)
- You will also need to assist the delivery team on questions related to Linux, Unix, Cloud and advise them on architecture decisions and the best approaches to use the product.
- You will have calls with customers to assist them on issues with Unix that they get while using our migration/discovery products. You will also assist them on issues they might get while migrating to AWS or any other cloud or virtual environment.
- You also need to maintain our development CI/CD infrastructure on AWS. This includes Jenkins, automated tests written in NodeJS, build instances, etc. You will also need to check alerts from RedLock and secure our AWS private environment.
Our Cloud Engineering team focuses on enabling our client's end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of: Cloud Strategy, Op Model Transformation, Cloud Development, Cloud Integration & APIs, Cloud Migration, Cloud Infrastructure & Engineering, and Cloud Managed Services. We help our clients see the transformational capabilities of Cloud as an opportunity for business enablement and competitive advantage.
Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility and resilience, and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients towards a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions and Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators. Qualifications
- 5 - 10+ years' experience on system administration off all major Linux distributions and Unix (AIX, Solaris, HPUX)
- Understanding of kernel concepts (filesystems, virtual memory, sockets)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills of boot and network problems.
- 5+ years' experience leading and distributing work to a team of Linux Engineers. Assist them with technical matters.
- Proficiency on public cloud providers services: AWS, Azure, GCP, Oracle Cloud, etc.
- Excellent general knowledge of all product development matters. Needs to be able to write down specific steps for each feature from very high-level requirements.
- Must have strong experience in BASH and Golang
- Must have basic experience in NodeJS and Python
- Experience managing Jenkins CI/CD environments
- Excellent understanding of Git
- Experience with containers (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Experience running Linux servers in a VMware environment
- SAN technology, Linux Volume Manager/Filesystems, Multi-pathing
- Networking concepts - LACP, VLAN tagging, etc
- Understanding of SQL
- Customer service and support experience. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Linux (RHCE or LFCE)
- Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure Architect, SysOps/DevOps level)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
Full-time How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.