Please, no third parties. Permanent residents only.
This is a contract-to-hire opportunity and is fully remote.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, development, and implementation of new reporting/analytics solutions within a core business group.
- Collaborate with BI Team for best practices and governance.
- Define, manage, and drive solutions including data architecture, ETL implementations, and reporting solutions.
- Guide internal and external BI Developers to deliver sustainable ETL and reporting solutions with optimal end user performance in a secure manner.
- Design and participate in development of relational and dimensional BI data models.
- Design and participate in development of the data integration from source to interactive reports and data visualizations.
- Develop and implement the architecture including data warehousing, OLAP, ETL, ODS, data integration, and report data sets.
- Develop SSAS Tabular Models, Power BI Dashboards, and other appropriate data access objects for end user reporting depending on business need.
- Work with business users to understand and translate user stories/requirements into data structures, models and reports.
- Work with stakeholders and solutions architect to define features for product backlog projects, as well as implementing self-serve Power BI reporting updates.
- Work with development team in agile planning and defining backlog features and stories.
- Find answers to business questions through hands-on exploration of data sets via SQL for dashboards, statistical analysis and data visualizations.
- Collaborate with BI Developers to design and implement the reporting and analytics platform(s) to ensure that scheduled jobs are successfully run and analytics data aligns to timeliness and completeness of requirements.
- Collaborate with database administrators to ensure that databases feeding the reporting platforms are tuned for optimal performance.
- Stay current with latest BI industry trends and software versions and drives architectures, tools, technologies for innovative solutions.
- Work with other IT departments to implement secure systems across the organization.
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in enterprise data warehousing/BI reporting environments.
- Advanced- to expert-level skills with core Microsoft BI tools and technologies such as SSIS/ETL, SSRS, T-SQL, Power BI, SSAS, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong Leadership skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and strong ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- Ability to work in a team and to foster teamwork.
- Demonstrated understanding of system integrations and database structures.
- Proficient in MS BI, MS Office, as well as knowledge of other industry BI tools.
tags: lead data analyst, lead database analyst, lead bi analyst, lead business intelligence analyst, lead business intelligence engineer, lead business intelligence developer, lead data engineer, lead database engineer, lead sql analyst, lead sql developer, lead sql database developer, lead datawarehouse analyst, lead data warehouse analyst, lead dw engineer, lead etl developer, lead sql dba, lead database administrator