Rapidly growing FinTech firm is seeking a Senior Network Security Engineer with Cloud expertise to lead and oversee the Network Security Engineering team. Full description is below. Position is fully 100% remote.
About the Role
Our company is dedicated to ensuring the safety and security of its platforms, networks, and highly sensitive data. As part of the Technology Operations Team, we are seeking a Senior Security Engineer, focusing on data and networking. You will be responsible for designing and implementing security solutions based on best practices, industry standards, while using cutting edge technologies. The successful candidate will have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a ownership mindset for continual improvement. You will work across the organization to ensure our security solutions are meeting business goals and legal/regulatory requirements.
What you’ll do:
- Design, implement, grow and support the firm’s security solutions for data and infrastructure.
- Identify and communicate current and emerging security threats
- Align standards, frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy and objectives - - Expand automation and provisioning tools using infrastructure as code mentality
- Work closely across the tech team to evaluate the security readiness of new features and functionalitie
- Improve and implement security processes for overall infrastructure security, patch management and documentation
- Provide engineering and operational support for the overall network while focusing on security products and services (new deployments, hardware refresh/upgrades, migrations and feature implementation)
Skills & Qualifications:
- 8+ years of experience with security, data, and networking solutions
- prior Cloud experience is a must including knowledge of security considerations of Cloud computing; including data breaches, incident response, hacking, account hijacking, insider threats, third party/vendors, data loss, DoS attacks and cloud based application delivery
- Prior experience in network security including firewalls, cloud VPC security, multi-site WAN and WIFI security
- Strong working and theoretical knowledge of common networking, related protocols (such as BGP, Ethernet, TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP), and skills to support, configure, and install networking solutions
- Experience working with network infrastructure areas preferably in a financial institution
- Knowledge of design and architecture of LAN, MAN, WAN, SAN networks
- Advanced knowledge of routing protocols, such as EIGRP and BGP Advanced knowledge on troubleshooting networking issues OSI layers 1-7 across data, voice and video, storage networks
- Scripting skills w/ Python, BASH, and various other Linux tools Windows administration and Office 365 experience a plus