Kforce is seeking a Lead Network Engineer for a Madison, WI client.
This position a full-time permanent position and is a hands-on lead position that will be responsible for architecture, engineering, installation, and support of data and voice networks and mentor 3 system analysts on the team. The candidate must be an enthusiastic about pivoting from high-level network architecture, to hands on system installation and support, and everything in-between. They are seeking a Cisco systems pro and are familiar with Microsoft 365 products.
This position will remain remote during COVID, but post COVID will be onsite in Madison, WI.
* Plan and install LAN/WAN hardware
* Develop, monitor, and report the performance of network components against KPIs and/or SLAs
* Thrives on a smaller team and willing to take on a variety of tasks
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science of similar technology related field required
* CCNA certification required
* At least 6 years of hands-on professional experience specifically in voice and data networking and strong Cisco technology experience
* Experience mentoring others in voice and data networking
* Generalist background with experience in Data and Voice Network Architecture and Engineering; Data and Voice Network Configuring and Installation; Data and Voice Network Monitoring, Support, and Operations
* Must be willing to participate in on-call rotation and carry company provided cell phone for on-call network coverage (third level support)
* Valid license and vehicle liability insurance required
* Experience with migrating from on-prem to the cloud is preferred, but not required; This includes Microsoft cloud architecture and the network(s) required to enable and operate successfully. Knowledge of cloud related unified communications (UCaaS) and contact center (CCaaS) solutions/architecture is a plus
* Additional preferred (but not required) certifications include Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE), Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.