Description Job Requisition:
Lead Network Engineer Job Description:
Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of data center services to our CMS customers and is structured around both current and legacy platforms in a consumption-based services model. We are looking to add skilled, energetic leaders and technologist who believe in cross functional teams, exhibit broad-based skills, maintain a customer-focused mindset, and have a willingness to step out of their work stream to get the job done.
With a "no downtime, zero outages" vision and mantra, we support a range of data center needs ranging from self-service to managed services, all of which are based on our customer's required level of support. Our organization is comprised of teams supporting PMO, Security, Quality, Intake, Engineering, and Service Operations. With these teams access resources from our functional teams supporting Network, Security, Firewall, z/OS and z/VM operations, Unix Operations, Change Management, Monitoring, Capacity Management, x86 Operations, Storage Operations and Cloud Management. Part of everyone's responsibility is to help drive the new consumption-based services oriented model.
Now to you - your mission, if you choose to accept it as a Senior Network Engineer, will require you to coordinate closely with senior leadership to help establish clear objectives and effectively communicate program needs, management program logs, interact with contract management, and establish effective, bi-directional, collaborative communication within our Program Team. Ultimately, these activities will be extended in communication to the customer. You will interact daily with technical resources which are fulfilling technical requirements for the customer. Your goal will be to work with all stakeholders to help Leidos ensure delivery of high-quality, robust and scalable solutions with minimal business impact.
The current work environment is on-site at Leidos in Winsor Mill / Woodlawn, Maryland with potential for on-site work at CMS (in the same location). Telecommute opportunities are currently being evaluated and may become available based upon teams supported, work hours, and work performance.Primary Responsibilities
The successful candidate will serve as a member of the Core Infrastructure Network Engineering team responsible for providing network support for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Candidate must be familiar with advanced networking concepts and technologies, including routing, switching, application centric topologies, and 3 zone architectures. Candidate must be highly motivated, able to work in a collaborative team environment, and independently. Plans and configures network communications systems based on Cisco platforms. Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture. Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
Conducts testing of network design using Cisco Prime and Wireshark. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switches, bridges, gateways, firewalls, etc. Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- The position will be to Lead the Network Engineering and Operations team (about 12 people).
- You will be responsible for resource loading all engineering projects (External, Internal, or Customer Centric).
- You will assist in determining priority and of level of effort for the required projects and be responsible for determining how many project can be executed simultaneously.
- Ensure the team has required documentation for the baseline of the network infrastructure.
- Assist with development of new processes and/or refinement of current processes.
- Ability to manage SR/CR assignments and ensuring timely closure on each.
- Establish a service model for the team to include definition of capabilities, services provided, and a costing model for the network team.
- Ensure teams design solutions that maximize use of standards, automation, zero downtime, and ability for operations teams to self-support.
- Ensure tasks are completed as planned.
- You will be responsible for financial management of your team, which includes hardware, software, and staffing.
- Manage all your assets, refresh them on appropriate schedules, and ensure they are tracked properly in the CMDB.
- Review and approve weekly personnel approvals.
- Ensure that any technical proposal needs are supported
- Develop and maintain configurations plans for Cisco ACI design, planning, implementation, and testing, based on a multi datacenter configurations.
- Manage and maintain WAN connections between multiple remote offices, Cloud presence (AWS, Azure), and several primary datacenters managed by several different contractors.
- Migration of 3 zone architecture into a more robust application centric model based on Cisco ACI and VMware NSX.
- Ability to utilize network overlay technology for integration with AWS and Route 53.
- Experience with Cisco OTV for cross datacenter connectivity.
- Assist with design, implementation and testing of Cisco Tetration and Cisco Prime platforms
- Experience designing, deploying, and maintaining boundary security solutions and exposure to enterprise network architecture.
- Experience analyzing network traffic, using a variety of network tools to assess security-related events to assist in rapid identification and isolation of issues during incidents and outages.
- Migration of datacenters from IPv4 to IPv6
- Integration concepts of InfoBlox into a multi grid enterprise solution across multiple datacenters.
- Strong troubleshooting skills specific to network security and ability to effectively work in cross functional teams as needed to resolve issues
- Must have the ability to work independently on multiple tasks
- BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience configuring/administrating various network technologies including: Cisco Prime, Tetration, Cisco OTV, ACI, VMware NSX, Route 53, Cisco 1000v.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), customer service and teaming skills and strong attention to detail.
- Experience as mentor\team lead providing work direction and guidance to other personnel.
- Prepare or ensure that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions and diagrams using Visio.
Industry Security Certifications (Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CompTIA, AWS, CISSP, GIAC, or other security certifications)
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
External Referral Bonus: Eligible Potential for Telework:
No Clearance Level Required:
Public Trust Travel:
No Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Day Requisition Category:
Professional Job Family:
Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.