NetCentrics is looking for an experienced Lead Network Engineer
to support our team at Fort Meade. This position is open only to candidates with an active Secret security clearance and is contingent upon contract award. Specific duties include:
- Installs, maintains and evaluates network systems and communications.
- Troubleshoots the complex network issues involving various factors.
- Conducts network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies.
- Extensive knowledge of Internet, computer, routers, switches, firewall, etc. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project.
- Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature and typically reports to a manager.
- May assume a team lead role for the work group.
- Must be able to function independently.
- Provide overview and general use training to all organization members and key leaders upon request.
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
- IAT Level II
- CCNA preferred or 10 years of network engineering related experience
- Clearance: Must have Active Secret Clearance
- Education: BS in Engineering related discipline or at least 10 years related engineering experience
- Years of Experience:
- 5+ years of experience developing, testing and implementing network configurations
- 5+ years of network design and implementation experience
- Experience auditing mobile systems
- Must have extensive knowledge of Internet, computer, routers, switches, firewall, etc.
- Experience implementing OSPF, BGP, and other routing protocols
- Expertise configuring and troubleshooting network firewall rules
- Experience designing network infrastructure related to mobile communications
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a background investigation including criminal history and reference checks.
NetCentrics Corporation has continuously served the U.S. Government since our founding in 1995. We provide U.S. federal agencies with reliable and cost-effective IT services, including IT platform services, IT service delivery, cybersecurity, and infrastructure modernization. We have extensive experience modernizing and strengthening network bandwidth, security, and performance to deliver enhanced services and reliability to end-users.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled