$121,000 + 10% bonus
Network Engineer, Lead
Direct Hire (Perm)
Size of the current team. 7 engineers
This lead position may mentor other Engineers but does not directly manage them. They will review technical plans and potentially oversee projects.
Current environment/tools? (Cisco shop, R&S, firewall tools, VOIP tools, etc.) Primarily Cisco ASA’s and switches, BIGIP F5 Load Balancers, OSPF, BGP
What are the Top 3 Must Haves technically?
- Expert in routing protocols. Specifically BGP and OSPF
- Multi Data Center large network environment
- Cisco Nexus 9000 series devices
- Is IP Telephony/VoIP a must have?
- No. There is a separate network Voice team
Occasional travel. Up to once per quarter (usually less for engineer role). Travel is to our remote Data Center and offices (Atlanta, Houston, etc.)
- upcoming initiatives, implementations, projects, etc.
- Implement multiple internet carries with full BGP tables
- Internet failover between sites
- Cisco ASA Firepower deployment
- Data Center routing review and update
On-call rotation is primary for one week at a time. How frequently you rotate through depends on the number on engineers in the rotation (currently 6).
- overseeing the overall design and health of the WAN/LAN environment
- reviewing all implementation plans, managing installation projects, and resolving complex production issues.
- Design, implementation and maintenance of the LAN/WAN (Voice and Data) networks
- Implementation and maintenance of routers, switches, firewalls, load-balancers
- Implementation and maintenance of security devices
- Implementation and maintenance of IP addressing structure
- Troubleshooting routing and switching issues
- Mentor less experienced engineers on the team
- Review all implementation plans for the team
- Assign projects to the team and track/report status to management
- Provide and maintain configuration standards for the infrastructure
- Review all network diagrams for accuracy
- Attend and/or deliver training as requested by management
- network design, install, configuration, and troubleshooting
- RIP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, RSVP, QoS, and STP
- designing and deploying IP Telephony/VoIP solutions
- designing and deploying video solutions
- DS0, DS1, DS3, OC-x, PRI, ATM, Frame-Relay, IP, PPP, VPN and TDM
- Expert with routers, switches, firewalls and load-balancers
- Expert with Internet based data transmission
- Availability during evenings and weekends for P1 issues and scheduled change controls
- Availability to provide 24x7 on-call support as scheduled
- Availability for occasional travel to remote offices/data centers
- Ability to install network/server equipment in a data center environment. May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.