***We are not able to sponsor for this permanent full-time role***
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Sr. Network Engineer wilt strong design and engineering experience. Candidate will plan, design, engineer, architect, develop, implement, monitor, and analyze all aspects of data network systems. Provides advanced subject matter expertise around network engineering. Provide program/project management for IS related project initiatives. Act as IS network engineering subject matter expert for analytics, integration of internal and external infrastructure that require IP connectivity to the LAN/WAN, as well as to the Internet, troubleshooting, architecture design, and best practices.
Recommend, evaluate, and implement new technologies, policies, and procedures. Train junior staff on IS systems and practices. Define and present IS network engineering analysis, reports, and recommendations to engineers, managers, and executive management.
Leads program/project management for complex IS network related projects
Designs network architecture and integration methodology related to introducing new systems and services
Provides oversight of data equipment labs locally or remotely, and proof-of-concept activities with vendors involving research, test case execution for viability, performance, integration, and migration of new equipment, software, systems and that are often associated with an RFP or RFI
Leads interaction with external partner organizations, such as NNEO Engineering, ADMT, RSO, CSO, and EPMO Support
Creates and presents technical roadmap for IS network architecture
Leads IS network strategy review meetings
Creates and presents "root cause" analysis documents in response to service outages, performance degradation, maintenance activity/configuration errors
As an advanced Subject Matter Expert (SME) for relevant technologies, interfaces with the vendors’ distinguished members of technical staff on projects and critical/escalated network issues
Serves as the lead focal point for IS network-related issues; resolves issues in team environment
Identifies and implements industry best practices. Research current and future industry technology
Develops, implements and conducts technical training sessions for engineers
Develops and presents detailed business cases for IS network projects
Ensures communication of process and procedure changes to key stakeholders
Develops and maintains documentation for IS network standards, policies, and procedures.
Identify process improvement areas and develop the improvement initiatives
Determines IS network Key Performance Indicators
Actively mentors subordinate engineering staff
Develop and maintain advanced knowledge of infrastructure, network operations, and critical services
Provides guidance to project resources; deliver to agreed-upon milestones
Proactively promote consistent project-based performance measurement and skill development of junior staff
Actively participate in HR performance measurement processes
Provide input to staffing plans at the project-level to identify key / required skills
Participate in the interview process for network engineer candidates
Travel required for regional, vendor, training, and engineering meetings and presentations
Maintain relationships with customers, associates, and vendors to proactively identify needed changes
Establish working relationships with technical, business and sourcing counterparts
Lead and participate in process improvement initiatives.
Assembles cross-functional workgroups of key stakeholders to provide the direction of the various platforms
Actively participates in industry/vendor
Master’s degree in related technical area is preferred
Minimum 10 years relevant work experience
Mastery of the relevant technologies
Strong understanding of the business and industry
Highly experienced in re-engineering / process improvement
Strong change management skills; change agent
Strong technical project management experience running cross-functional teams
Excellent presentation skills demonstrated in front of large audiences; Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Excellent problem solving / analytical skills and knowledge of analytical tools
Prior experience creating, defining, and analyzing metrics that accurately reflect the current state of a given process or operation
Certification(s) in relevant field of expertise (CCIE, CCDE) is preferred.
Experience supporting mission-critical infrastructure in a fast-paced environment
· Cisco Nexus Switching - Strong experience to expertise with Layer 2/3 routing and switching specifically with Cisco Nexus technology.
· Firewalls - strong understanding of roles they play in the network and an ability to support the physical hardware from a tier 1 level.
· Load Balancing - Strong understanding of the concepts behind load balancing from a tier 1 level.
· Network Protocols - strong understanding of MPLS, STP, QoS, Multicast, DMVPN and Nexus VDC/vPC protocols.
· Network Hardware: Cisco ASR 1000 routers, ISR 4000 routers, Cisco Catalyst 2900, 4500, 6500 switches; Cisco Nexus 1000v, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 7000, and 9000 switches; Cisco 5500 and 7500 Wireless LAN Controllers (WLC)
· Firewalls: Cisco ASA 5500 appliances and Palo Alto Firewalls
· Other Network Hardware: Cisco Wide Area Application Services (WAAS), Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS), Riverbed Steelhead and Interceptor, Radware Application Delivery Controllers (ADC), and Gigamon Network Visibility and Monitoring Solutions
· Network Protocols: TCP/IP, MPLS, STP, VTP, 802.1Q, QoS, Multicast, GRE tunneling, IPSEC, DMVPN, Nexus VDC/vPC, FabricPath, VXLAN, FCoE, FCIP, VoIP, VRF, DNS, NetFlow, and IP SLA
· Routing Protocols: EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, IS-IS, and HSRP
· Other: NetScout packet capture and analysis, IP address management / subnetting, statistical analysis, IPv4/IPv6, and familiarity with current network security practices
· Network Applications: Cisco Prime Infrastructure, Cisco ACS, Infoblox, Wireshark, Cisco ASDM, Cisco CSM, and Cisco AnyConnect
· Business Applications: Remedy Ticketing, Citrix, and Microsoft SharePoint
· Standards & Methodology: ITIL, SOX, PCI and CPNI
· Office Automation: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
· Planning & Design: Microsoft Project and Visio
· O/S and Software: Windows 7, Red Hat, SSH, VPN Client, and VMware
200 East 5th Ave., Suite 116 Naperville, IL, 60563Contact