DISH Wireless is building a next-gen 5G network to disrupt the wireless industry and fuel innovation in transportation, health care, education, sustainability, city management, and agriculture.
We're driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - and we're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve. Join us as we embark on our greatest adventure of all.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH Wireless.
DISH is looking for a Lead OSS Engineer to drive the architecture and implementation of OSS/BSS for DISH's stand-alone 5G network. The candidate for this role will be expected to provide technical leadership in defining the framework for the OSS systems to meet DISH's performance goals for its 5G network. The ideal candidate will have in-depth experience with OSS concepts and hands-on experience with operator OSS solutions for 3G/4G networks. The candidate must also be well-versed in the 5G OSS framework and how it differs from the legacy implementations. The candidate will provide technical leadership and input for DISH's OSS implementation, evaluate the viability of available solutions based on DISH's requirements and use-cases, and ensure that DISH is able to meet its goals for performance, capability, scalability, cost in the OSS domain.
The role requires providing technical leadership and guidance to the team, vendor management, and ability to effectively communicate with executive level personnel.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Lead the technical assessment of specific technical solutions proposed by vendors.
- Responsible for verifying and implementing the detailed technical design solution for DISH's 5G OSS.
- Lead the integration & testing of 5G E2E OSS in the lab.
- Lead the deployment and integration of the 5G E2E OSS in production.
- Interface with IT to ensure required OSS/BSS integration points are identified and addressed in a timely and effective manner.
- Define the 5G OSS technical roadmap.
- Participate in 5G OSS standards bodies to represent and drive adoption of DISH's requirements.
- Provide input to the company strategy moving forward.
- Provide regular executive updates to DISH's leadership about status, risks, and mitigation for DISH's 5G OSS.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to the team.
The successful Engineer will have:
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Experience of solving end-to-end design challenges that have significant interaction between multiple systems and domains
- Demonstrable experience and/or expert knowledge of two or more of the following:
- 3G/4G Mobile Packet Core architecture
- 3G/4G OSS architecture
- 3G Circuit Switched Core architecture
- 4G Voice Architecture (IMS)
- Mobile Service Control architecture
- Internet architecture including IP Networks, IP routing and IP Security Principles
- Experience in 2 or more of the following work areas: architecture, design, test and operations
- Experience with the specification and design of Network and Customer Provisioning, Operations, and Diagnostics architecture and systems (understanding of 5G is a big plus)
- Experience with deployment of OSS and Network and Customer Provisioning, Operations, and Diagnostics systems through the delivery lifecycle from initial design to full operationalization.
- Working knowledge of IP networks, preferably with experience with the prime IP vendor equipment.
- Detailed level understanding of architectural dependencies of technologies in use in the IT environment, as it relates to OSS design and implementation
- Able to communicate with internal and external senior management confidently
- Ability to work in a multi- technology environment with the ability to diagnose complex technical problems to their root cause
- Understanding of Telecommunications networks and telecommunications service modelling
- Proven experience in OSS/BSS solutions either working for Operators or OSS/vendors
- TM Forum certification are a plus
- Real world experience in implementing service orchestration solutions for the core and edge networks
- Ability to motivate small to medium sized teams
- Vendor management skills and experience
- Project lifecycle understanding
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good practical skills in troubleshooting and fault resolution
- 10+ years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; Master's preferred
Compensation: $164,000.00/Yr. - $242,000.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.