Total Compensation: $155,000 - $185,000
The Lead Oracle PL/SQL Developer will join a team focused on the development and maintenance of various database applications supporting all Risk Management. The successful candidate will have considerable experience in database design, PL/SQL development, a good working knowledge of end-user and server-side data processing techniques, a good understanding of SDLC and agile development methodologies.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary as the position may require authoring of data models, system designs and diagrams as well as user and technical documentation.
- 90% PL/SQL development work and 10% Database Administration work
- Develop business requirements into implementable architecture and designs
- Create operations and technical documentation for developed systems and applications
- Utilize advanced Oracle features and techniques where appropriate to develop robust, reliable and high-performance solutions
- Maintain awareness of new Oracle features and techniques and develop an understanding of how and where they can best be applied
- Participate in and support QA and user-acceptance test procedures and environments
- Willing to take on-call rotation and occasional weekend work
- B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or other relevant subject
- Five (5) plus years experience developing database applications in PL/SQL using Triggers, Packages, Functions, Procedures and Complex SQL
- Excellent problem solving, issue identification, analytical and technical documentation skills.
- SQL Query tuning using different tools. Clear understanding of query plan.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of SDLC process and tools, agile program management concepts and version control.
- Oracle 11g and RAC experience
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environment
- Oracle Application Express (APEX)
- Understanding of messaging middleware ***
FULL TIME / PART TIME