Our team is what makes Primescape Solution great. At Primescape you'll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you'll find in your career. Primescape offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government.
Are you tired of a boring, workaday WordPress installation and long for something cutting edge and creative? Primescape Solution is seeking a lead PHP/WordPress Developer to join our growing team in Washington, DC in one of the larges and most critical worldwide WordPress implementations in the Federal Government. Be the leader that you-ve always known you can be.
Primescape Solution is looking for a Multi-functional developer with a background in multiple languages - PHP, Perl, Java, etc. Implement WordPress plugins, templates and themes as needed. Develop PHP based integrations with other systems as needed. Perform Operations and Maintenance development tasks on the existing websites. Be a mentor and leader to our more junior WordPress staff.
- Lead the development team and provide guidance in on major technical design decisions.
- Maintain proficiency with content management solutions such as WordPress
- Work within creative team to develop and maintain highly visible agency websites
- Set up, manage, and configure hosting environments
- Proactively perform cross-browser testing and optimizations
- Maintain well-documented, reusable, and transferable code
- Maintain working knowledge of new development software, trends, and practices related to your responsibilities
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with PHP and Wordpress development in a production environment
- Familiarity with Jira, Jenkins, GitHub.
- Experience working on most phases of applications programming activities, independent of supervisory guidance.
- Analytical thinker and problem solver, ability to come up with solutions to diverse problems
- Familiar with MySQL and SQL database infrastructure
- Cross-browser and cross-platform compatible design and development
- Expert understanding of the latest and legacy browser capabilities, including mobile
- Familiar with formal QA methodologies, processes and techniques
- Strong knowledge of custom WordPress development, including theme, plugin, and widget development, as well as Admin UI
- Understanding of WordPress filters, hooks, queries, custom post types, custom fields, taxonomies and page templates
- Experience and knowledge of Google Analytics
- Analytical problem solving and attention to detail
- Experience with Web Services, and SOA
- Experience with projects delivering website and application solutions for US Government clients strongly desired.
- Primary or secondary degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or related field
- Working knowledge of AWS
- Familiarity with Agile management concepts.
- At least 3 years of experience with AWS.
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of the time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc.
- Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time
- Individual-s primary workstation is located in an office area
- The noise level in this environment is low to moderate
At Primescape, our focus is on delivering results that matter. We are a premier provider of digital solutions and services to the federal government specifically in the areas of UI/UX, Agile, Data, and Cloud services. We support and modernize our federal customer-s mission critical systems and functions. Agility is at our core: it is the mantra that drives us to succeed. We work quickly, analytically and deliver on agency priorities.
Primescape Solution is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this growth-oriented and employee-focused culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.
- Please no Corp-to-Corp or 1099 candidates; this position is W-2 only
- We are unable to sponsor H1B applicants for this role
- US citizenship required as per potential clearance requirements
- Relocation will not be offered
- Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation
If you encounter any problems while applying for a position, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
ABOUT PRIMESCAPE SOLUTIONS:
Primescape is an industry leader providing cutting-edge solutions and services to federal agencies since our founding in 1998. We deliver software applications, data services, and project management support for 21st century Digital Government initiatives domestically and to posts around the globe. Primescape personnel are recognized by their government colleagues as experts and trusted advisors.
To learn more about why you should join the Primescape team:
Primescape Solutions, a HighPoint Company, is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.