ADP's Innovation Center, Studio55, is hiring a Lead Performance Engineer with demonstrated experience in enabling high performing and scalable products
. Does this sound like you?
- Game changer. Out-of-the-box thinker who transforms problems into solutions, ideas into action, plans into result.
- Statistically-informed. Has a toolbox full of algorithms to turn data into information.
- Self-Starter. High-reaching and unstoppable. A cant-stop-won't-stop attitude and an urge to persevere until you get it right.
- Analytical mastermind. Examines systems and spots trends that others wouldn't find.
We believe people make great companies, not the other way around. Our people make all the difference in delivering innovative HR technologies and solutions that help employees all over the world do their jobs better. The result? We're building the next generation of ADP technologies and the stakes are high. This role will be in our newly launched STUDIO55
in the heart of beautiful downtown Pasadena. Take a peek into our awesome environment here
As a Lead Performance Engineer
you will help us define and execute our next generation technology platform strategy supporting the Wisely Paycard and industry leading initiates such as Instant Pay. You will analyze the existing platform to identify the areas of opportunity that will have a material impact on our client experience. Along the way you will use your technical skills and seasoned thought process to lead the performance and scalability initiative for this next generation platformTHINGS YOU'LL DO:
EXPERIENCE YOU NEED:
- Play a lead role in helping us architect highly scalable and performant products with exabytes of data and very high transaction volume
- Strengthen our application performance monitoring and triaging strategy with a focus on high risk and volume areas to reduce our Mean Time To Identify/Resolve (MTTI/MTTR)client as well as system problems
- Drive the development of performance models and simulators to model our product usage based on the actual client trends to impact the product design and adoption
- Help make engineering decisions through technology assessment, capacity planning , operational procedures automation and system design
- Employ data collection, analysis and prediction techniques to proactively understand the key variables across product stack and proactively devise corrective plans
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM US:
- Expert level development skills as Performance and Scalability engineer for J2EE, Microservices and relational databases
- Strong programming skills in at least 2 of the following: Java, Python, Groovy, Clod Fusion and Shell
- Ability to identify and recommend performance optimizations in Relational databases such as MySQL, Aurora and Oracle
- Expert in Application and Infrastructure Monitoring/Triaging using APM solutions such as Dynatrace, AWS Performance Insights
- Strong knowledge of AWS managed services including KMS, DMS, Lambda functional and Fargate
HOW YOU'LL STAND OUT:
- Opportunity to impact the design, development and experience of industry leading next generation products and technology
- Learn from industry experts in various technology areas and be a teacher to others for your area of expertise
- Solve complex challenges in a high intensity environment while maintaining a healthy work life balance
Learn more at studio55.io#LI-AS1
- Right blend of technical and interpersonal skills. You can not only solve a technical problem but also articulate the problem, solution and decision-making process at various levels
- You can multi task and effectively manage shift in priorities
- Prior experience development in ColdFusion applications as we transition into the next generation tech stack
We're designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you're working for. Consistently named one of the 'Most Admired Companies' by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the 'Top 50 Companies for Diversity,' ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. "Always Designing for People" means we're creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.