Lead Power Systems Engineer (OFS Artificial Lift)Are you an Electrical Engineer looking for a new challenge?Are you passionate about designing electrical solutions that make an impact?Join our Team!
At Baker Hughes our purpose is clear. We take energy forward, making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet. Artificial Lift Systems is a product line in the Baker Hughes portfolio, providing pumping systems to both the Oil and Gas and Geothermal market.Partner with the best
The Lead Power Systems Engineer for Oilfield Services (OFS) Artificial Lift Systems is responsible for activities contributing to the design and development of Power Converters, Power Inverters, associated drivers and power control algorithms for Industrial Variable Speed Drives (VSD) used in the energy extraction market. This includes the selection of electrical components, validation of Power Section architecture, gate driver design as well as the development and implementation of fault detection and signaling schemes.
As a Lead Power Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Communicating across the organization and presenting Power Systems designs to senior leaders and cross functional teams
- Contributing to strategic roadmaps for electrical machine, drive and control systems design
- Working with customers and Product Managers to define and validate Power Converter and Inverter requirements, including subcomponent characteristics
- Collaborating with other engineering disciplines, manufacturing, and supply chain to commercialize motor drive systems
- Leading Power Electronics design and analysis
- Define modular platform specifications
- Schematic design, layout execution or guidance
- Manual and automated circuit board testing
- Systems level testing and environmental qualification
- Developing gate driver designs for optimum inverter switching efficiency
- Designing motor drive power section fault detection and signaling schemes for best in class system diagnostics and error mitigation
- Documenting designs and write white papers to describe power section implementation methodologies and applications
- Developing algorithms for control systems, signal processing and measurement error modeling
To be successful in this role you will have:
Work in a way that works for you
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering and 4+ years experience, or MSc in Electrical Engineering and 3+ years of experience, or PhD with a concentration in Power Electronics design
- Experience designing and commercializing Power Converters and Inverters for Motor Drive applications
- Expertise in field-oriented motor control methods such as Space Vector Pulse Width Modulation including torque control and third harmonic injection techniques under direct drive and regenerative conditions
- Extensive knowledge in the selection and application of Power Semiconductor devices in AC to DC and DC to AC converters
- Familiarity with electromechanical machine design and testing, including permanent magnet DC motors (brushless) and AC motors including synchronous, asynchronous and induction motors
- Knowledge of low noise design techniques including filters, grounding, shielding practices, and power system noise analysis
- Familiarity with sensing systems for high voltages, high currents and motor phase commutation
- Understanding of Power system modeling & design, including AC/DC linear and switching supplies using inverters
- Experience with design of high temperature analog and power electronics for reliability, including testing practices and lifetime modeling
- Working knowledge of Microprocessor Firmware development
- Experience using Matlab / Simulink or other Hardware-in-the-loop simulation tools
- Knowledge of PLC programing and HMI design desired.
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- This team is currently majority remote with a possible future transition to hybrid model.
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.