3003 Summit Blvd, Atlanta, GA, USADivision:
Cox AutomotiveJob Level:
Yes, 5 % of the TimeSchedule:
Day JobRequisition Number:
207204 Job Summary:
We are looking for a product leader to bring both thought leadership and a focus on execution to our Compliance Product.
This leader must have a mix of strong mix of analytical thinking and product management experience working with products geared towards lenders and dealers. We are looking for a strong background in automotive finance, a pragmatic understanding of retail dealer operations, expertise in financing regulatory compliance, and a solid experience set in product management of B2B/B2E software products.
The Lead Product Manager
role will be responsible for developing, managing and optimizing one or more large, complex, and/or high revenue Product lines.The role includes but is not limited to contributing to and managing the product roadmap, overseeing the implementation and working in an agile environment with a cross-functional team to develop products that meet the needs of our consumers and clients. Recognized as an expert within the company and requires in-depth and/or breadth of expertise in Product Management along with other job disciplines within the organization in order to successfully manage the product. Manages large, complex Product line(s) of strategic importance to the organization due to high growth value, involving large cross-functional teams
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, this is a temporary work from home role but will ultimately work in the Dealertrack office in North Hills, New York or the Cox Automotive offices in Atlanta, Georgia. Primary Responsibilities: Product Management
Requirements & Definition Management
- Manages the full product lifecycle to ensure that, over time, the needs of customers/users continue to be met and that financial and other benefits are achieved.
- Acts as owner/champion for one or more products or services.
- Selects, adopts and adapts appropriate product development methods, tools, and techniques selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) apporaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Analyses market and/or user research, feedback, expert opinion and usage data to understand needs and opportunities. Develops product propositions and determines product positioning and variants for different customer and user segments. Prioritizes product requirements and owns the product backlog.
- Coordinates trials and product launches and supports communications and training.
- Anticipates changes in customer/user needs; adapts products, and creates product retirement and transitioning plans.
- Contributes to the selection of the requirements approach for projects, selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Defines and manages scoping, requirements definition, and prioritization activities for initiatives of medium size and complexity.
- Facilitates input from stakeholders, provides constructive challenge and enables effective prioritization of requirements. Reviews requirements for errors and omissions.
- Establishes the requirement base-lines, obtains formal agreement to requirements, and ensures traceability to source. Investigates, manages, and applies authorized requests for changes to base-line requirements in line with change management policy.
- Identifies the communications and relationship needs of stakeholder groups.
- Translates communications/stakeholder engagement strategies into specific activities and deliverables.
- Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining and working to stakeholder engagement strategies and placs.
- Provides informed feedback to assess and promote understanding. Facilitates business decision-making processes.
- Captures and disseminates technical and business information.
- Manages the innovation pipeline and executes innovation processes.
- Develops, evolves and adapts innovation tools, processes and infrastructures to drive the process of innovation.
- Encourages and motivates innovation communities, teams and individuals to share creative ideas and learns from failures.
- Manages and facilitates the communication and open flow of creative ideas between interested parties and the set-up of innovation networks and communities.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes in order to meet business requirements.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Communications, or related field; Masters degree preferred
- 7+ years experience; or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Requires and applies comprehensive knowledge of business, product maturity and performance, and industry principles, practices, and procedures.
- Working knowledge for SAFe Agile Methodology.
- Using expertise, resolves a wide range of issues using strategic and innovative thinking. Is fully familiar with recognized industry bodies of knowledge both generic and specific.
- Actively seeks out new knowledge for own personal development and the mentoring or coaching of others.
- Develops a wide breadth of knowledge across the industry or business.
- Applies knowledge to help to define the standards which others will apply.
- Working experience in design, development and implementation of product plans.
- Working experience in full product lifecycle methodologies.
- Working experience in creating, prioritizing and recommending epics and features.
- Working experience in in conducting competitive research and analysis.
- Working experience in identifying KPIs and other analytics to measure product value.
- Working experience with executive presentations.
- Working experience in a collaborative, cross-functional, and complex team environment.
Who We Are About Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.