Wolters Kluwer is a global leader in professional information services. Professionals in the areas of legal, business, tax, accounting, finance, audit, risk, compliance and healthcare rely on Wolters Kluwer's market leading information-enabled tools and software solutions to manage their business efficiently, deliver results to their clients, and succeed in an ever more dynamic world. Wolters Kluwer combines deep domain knowledge with specialized technology. Our portfolio offers software tools coupled with content and services that customers need to make decisions with confidence. Every day, our customers make critical decisions to help save lives, improve the way we do business, build better judicial and regulatory systems. We help them get it right.
This is an exciting opportunity to our team in the role of Lead Product Software Engineer - Mobile Apps. Reporting into the Associate Director of Product Software Engineering, you will play a significant role in evolving and expanding our high performance mobile applications, on both iOS and Android platforms, for the UpToDate and Lexicomp product lines. The Lead Product Software Engineer will be responsible for developing a deep understanding of our products and technology, refining our processes, and collaborating with other development and technology teams. This is a tremendous opportunity to help transform the public facing user experience of a leading healthcare information technology company. Key Responsibilities:
- Enhance, extend, and maintain the UpToDate and Lexicomp's customer facing iOS and Android mobile applications.
- Be a force that enables the Development Team to accelerate delivery, increase productivity, and become highly predictable without compromising quality.
- Must be highly engaged in all that is going on with the products allowing you to create designs with a holistic perspective of current uses/challenges as well as with the future needs in mind.
- Work closely with software test engineers to develop deep and thorough test coverage.
- Devise best practices and patterns for reliable, efficient and scalable web applications.
- Excellent collaborator who will work closely with the Referential Engineering Architect to design and implement solutions.
- Work within a DevOps culture to consider the scalability, performance, and deployment needs of the applications and the services on which they rely.
- Plan and execute tasks within an Agile environment.
- Guide and mentor more junior software developers.
- Remain current with evolving industry trends and technologies.
- Provide proactive technical guidance to the Development Team fostering the concepts of re-use, design for scale, stability, operational efficiency of solutions, and a learning culture.
- Able to listen to Product Management to understand feature needs. Work closely with Product Owners and Engineers to understand product requirements and determine the most appropriate technical solution.
- Investigate, evaluate, and recommend technologies, tools, and frameworks that contribute to accelerating delivery of the product roadmap. Devise and implement proof-of-concept (POC) activities to guide technology decisions when appropriate. Balance upfront planning and encouraging emerging designs while executing initiatives in an Agile environment
- Bachelor's in computer science or related field
- 8+ years of development experience with 2+ years at a Principal/Lead Engineer level
- At least 6+ years of experience building iOS applications
- At least 4+ years of experience with Swift
- Excellent Object-Oriented Programming knowledge
- Hands on experience in the full life cycle of iOS development
- Knowledge of common design patterns, design principles and industry best practices
- Experience with API design and REST principles
- Experience with SDLC tools like GIT, XCode
- Experience with automated unit and integration testing is a plus
- Review pull requests and ensure adherence to coding standards
- Own and lead delivery of modules and platform needs in partnership with senior engineers and Architects
- Java, Kotlin programming and Android Development is a plus