Provident Credit Union is member-owned, trusted, financially sound, technologically advanced, and provides "world class" value, convenience, products and services to all members. We are headquartered in Redwood Shores, CA and have 21 branches located throughout the San Francisco Bay Area, and Folsom.
As a Lead Programmer Analyst you will take a lead role in developing applications related to the core banking system, digital banking system and third party applications and interfaces. You will ensure that product deployment as well as routine processing is executed flawlessly. You will ensure that other members of the development team build code that securely, accurately and efficiently satisfies customer and stakeholder requirements. You will have a large influence over the resolution for the most complicated problems, and your attention to detail ensures that you create a stable, defect-free refined solution. You will meet with stakeholders on a regular basis to ensure their needs are being met. You will facilitate Development Team meetings to ensure tasks are assigned and deadline are met.
- Maintain the Development Team’s project plan.
- Coordinate IT development resources required to support digital and core team projects including but not limited to; resolving issues, providing updates and conducting feasibility analysis for upcoming projects.
- Lead daily code review sessions for IT developers, and enforce proper coding standards and alternative solutions.
- Strive for flawless execution of development processes by adhering to coding standards documented in the Software Development Life Cycle and internal Coding Standards Policy; contribute to attainment of long term IT objectives; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members, mentor them and teach them to improve PCU software development processes.
- Provide guidance and support to Business Analyst and Quality Assurance Teams in the creation of business requirements; feasibility analysis, process and data flows.
- Responsible for providing Development Team updates to IT management and ensuring Development Team’s Jira tickets are updated with clear and relevant information.
- Provides technical guidance on IT processes, systems and interfaces.
- Responsible for online channel release management processes including verification that testing is complete, implementation of internally developed code, 3rd party interfaces, new software releases and software patches into production environments.
- Executes approved data integrity scripts in production environments and verifies results.
- Ensure applications are accurate and mistake free by following the software development framework. This includes a full iteration of quality assurance and user acceptance testing. Perform automated validation of large sample populations. Recruit and manage the participation of subject matter experts as required.
- Ensure that all applications are defensible against security vulnerabilities. Have the ability to identify vulnerabilities and assign risk levels.
- Ensure constant uptime of responsible systems and applications by developing application controls, real time alerts and notifications.
- Manage healthy code versioning, validating all code is stored in an electronic version library and redundancy of all source code backups.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent listening and speaking skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Complete required BSA & OFAC training annually.
- Understand and adhere to BSA and OFAC policy and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience as a software developer and experience with agile and waterfall software development methodologies.
- Demonstrated expertise to use, SQL Server Management Studio, Microsoft Visual Studio, C#, React Native, ASP.
- Working knowledge of client side (user interface) design and production, HTML, CSS, Java Script.
- Has led development of several robust, efficient, and defensible applications.
- Process: You are incremental with your development and take full responsibility for the quality of your code and testing.
- Strong understanding of Financial Institution business process and member security.
- Strong analytical and communications skills.
- Passion for building great products.
- Results-driven, self-motivated, self-starter.
- Good mathematical and organizational skills.
- Ability to mentor programmers.
The position demands maturity, flexibility and someone ready to contribute at a high level—and the rewards that come with it.
- Fully paid health insurance premiums
- Quality medical, dental and vision care coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contributions
- Strong commitment to investing in your career and educational advancement by offering up to 100% Tuition reimbursement for approved courses
- Incentive plan
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Flexible spending accounts
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Provident membership
- Rate discount on home and auto loans
- In-house training
- And much more!
Provident is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are a winner of the Bay Area News Group Top Work Place in 2017 - 2020. Check us out on Glassdoor