Lead Project Mechanical Engineer - Towson, MD Make A Difference For Those Who Make The World™
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 53,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.What You'll Do
As a Lead Project Mechanical Engineer you'll be part of our Hand Tools, Accessories and Supplies (HTAS) team located in Towson, MD. You'll get to:
Who You Are
- Develop new prototypes and test rigs within in the hand tools, storage and accessories fields.
- Provide prototypes and testing mechanism for technologies in three sub business units (Construction tools, Automotive tools, Industrial Tools).
- Patent, trademark or protect the prototypes using trade secrets.
- Develop, prototype and test new product solutions using technologies from the teams group of researchers and scientists.
- Work between multiple business units and sub business units including managing meeting flows, presenting data, building and maintaining relationships.
- Assist in developing the strategy for the product road and ensure we keep our competitive advantage in key areas such as hand tools, fastening, cutting, measuring, storage, organization, efficiency, etc.
You always strive to do a good job...but wouldn't it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality - at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You're not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have:
What You'll Receive
- Greater than eight years' relevant experience
- BS mechanical engineering, physics or equivalent
- Multi-discipline engineering experience a bonus (e.g. mechanical and electrical)
- Strong CAD user (Catia, Creo)
- Experience with Shop tools (Mitersaw, table saw, Soldering iron, etc.)
- Experience with CNC equipment (CNC router, 3d printer, etc.)
You'll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
• Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
• Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.How You'll Feel
We want our company to be a place you'll want to be - and stay. Being part of our team means you'll get to:
• Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
• Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
• Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
What's more, you'll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world. We're more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. We're visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as we've been in the past, we have so much further to go. That's where you come in. Join us!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.