This position is a 12+ month contract opportunity. You must be able to work on our W2 directly. Candidates requiring sponsorship or working through a third party company will not be considered at this time.
Our client is looking to bring on a Senior/Lead Python Developer that will be part of a team responsible for solving complex backend problems. The ideal candidate will be a lead backend developer with strong experience writing Python services on Kubernetes, using MySQL and other NoSQL databases. You will be responsible for making engineering design decisions and developing features pertaining to the services that are the backbone of our client. You will be expected to be a role model on coding standards, frameworks, platforms and other best practices for the rest of our client’s engineering team. You will also lead offshore Python developer teams, so this experience is required as well. Experience with Kafka, Django and Java are required skillsets. 8-10 years experience is required.
• Design and implement new services using cutting edge technologies to support our client in achieving its business goals.
• Collaborate with the architecture team to develop robust, portable, and interoperable solutions to the difficult problems faced by a growing organization.
• Collaborate with the Information Security team to keep our client, and its customers, safe from emerging security threats.
• Take an active role in reducing the technical debt in our various codebases.
• Triage, debug, and assure the timely resolution of software defects.
• Expert in Python, with knowledge of Django web framework
• Experience with Apache Kafka or Confluent Kafka in high volume environments
• Experience in development projects using Java/J2EE technologies
• Working experience on Cassandra and caching solutions (e.g. Redis, ElastiCache).
• Expertise in architecting and developing scalable software solutions with gRPC based microservices.
• Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures.
• Strong understanding of design patterns including why and where a pattern should be used
• Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
What will really get our attention
• Experience in risk or compliance domains
• Experience integrating disparate systems together