Bering Straits Native Corporation has an immediate career opportunity for a Lead QA Automation Engineer to support an Agile DevSecOps environment. The Lead Engineer will be a part of a rapidly growing DevSecOps Team working with the Air Force.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for driving testing on more complex technology activities related to various customer facing products throughout the Air Force Logistics Portfolio. Responsibilities include the hands-on management of automation and manual QA engineers and their deliverables. Successful candidate will ensure strategic planning, development, and implementation of quality testing processes and efficient scaling of the team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide hands-on leadership to QA engineers and play an integral role in complete end to end verification of the Logistics IT software systems and components
- Plan, execute and manage complex integration-level system tests with multiple dependencies
- Encourage skill and career growth development within the QA team in parallel with ongoing mentorship and support
- Provide continuous risk assessment and timely escalation of software quality concerns, be an advocate for process improvements, as well as an individual contributor
- Work closely with product owners and developers to meet QA commitments and align delivery priorities with business objectives
- Participate in, building, and maintaining data-driven test automation tools and frameworks using clean coding practices and functional programming methodologies
- Perform debugging and root cause analysis of product issues or defects
- Evangelize new testing methodologies, best practices and tools with goals to continuously improve test coverage through both manual and automated processes
- Establish tight collaboration and feedback loops between various teams to improve the release process and maximize resource utilization in a fast-paced environment
QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
Required (Minimum) Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4+ years of QA test management or test lead experience
- Must be ====
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Solid knowledge of QA methodologies, test planning, system dependencies, and product integration phases
- Extensive working knowledge of relational databases, strong SQL skills
- Recent hands-on experience with front-end test automation tools and libraries such as Selenium, TestNG, Junit, ScalaTest, Gatling, JMeter, and others
- Familiarity with scripting and programming languages, such as Java, Groovy, Python, Scala, Ruby, Perl,etc.
- Strong knowledge of Linux and command-line shell scripting
- Experience leading a test or quality team through multiple end to end cycle
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must maintain a constant state of mental alertness at all times. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; most of time is spent sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about.
Job is performed in an office setting with exposure to computer screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, mouse and multi-line telephone system. The work described herein is primarily a modern office setting. Occasional travel may be required.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS
As a condition of employment, may be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results to obtain access to military base. Must have reliable transportation to/from work a necessity and must be able to obtain access to military installations.
Shareholder Preference. BSNC gives hiring, promotion, training and retention preference to BSNC shareholders, shareholder descendants and shareholder spouses who meet the minimum qualifications for the job.
Bering Straits Native Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/ AA/ Male/ Female/ Disability/ Vets employer.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. We are a drug free workplace.