This role is a strong senior technical development Engineer in Test who have demonstrated success in building testing framework/solutions, tools, test Infrastructure and enabling delivery of high quality products for customers. This individual will work closely with other technical leaders carrying a great responsibility of maximizing efficiency, govern conformity and maintain scalability across all test engineering efforts in the organization. Quality Engineering Organization brings engineering talent to the forefront and works closely with Development/ Application/ Devops engineering to continuously deliver Software code to our customers that is reliable, scalable and functional.
* Provides Technical Leadership and Strategic Direction to the Testing Organization and help formulate Test Platform / Architecture per organizational needs
* Responsible for designing and building Test Automation Framework that is scalable and robust that marries nicely with our development philosophy across multitude of product and Technology space including Middle-tier/API, Web interfaces, Test Data management, Information Management and other workflow systems
* Will be an influencer and is involved in driving organization-wide Quality/testing Process initiatives; developing, maintaining, educating, and enforcing conformance to ensure Quality of deliverables.
* Responsible to proactively analyze current processes and testing practices and will be the architect to design & develop Test Automation framework / harness and any in-house tools required. Where tools do not fully meet requirements of the product, writes code / develops components/leverage libraries that can extend available tools or even design & develop tools as needed.
* Responsible for helping in building and establishing test/ coding standards that may include but not limited to versioning , continuous merging of Code in source code Repo, code review among all test code.
* Will be responsible for building an integrated robust Test Data Management Solution, automated provisioning and virtualization of Test databases
* Will be an influencer to promote good engineering practices and advances Quality concepts and collaborate with other Engineers to build test code, establish, socialize, evolve and maintain a scalable Test Infrastructure to enable distributed testing and continuous build and deployment pipeline
* Will assist in helping establish test coverage, measure and provide metrics on Quality score.
* Responsible for building performance, load and stress tests using a scalable and robust framework
* Responsible for mentoring and coaching and providing technical expertise to other engineers in the organization or peer organizations and may involve in hiring new talent to the organization
* At least 10+ years of IT Quality Engineering experience with no less than 5 years of test development experience delivering successful products in agile/ iterative / waterfall environment
* Strong knowledge of test Automation development frameworks with practical experience on any Automation framework/ scripting like Selenium using Python, Java Script or any other open source automation technologies , other functional testing design patterns
* Strong understanding of Continuous Integration Concepts, Code review practices and streamlined delivery of Code.
* Experience In security testing/ Dynamic/ Custom Security scans and Penetration testing concepts, Performance, Stress and load testing using tools such as JMeter or other Open source solutions.
* At least 5 years' experience working with Database testing techniques using SQL server/ Sybase; knowledge of Non-relational, data warehouse and dimensional modeling is a bonus
* Understanding of Object oriented Concepts, Web Application UI model, HTTP, XML, XSD,JSON , WSL, REST/SOAP, basic understanding of Dynamic web applications, API/ Service Layer and experience with White box, gray box, test driven development .
* Hands on knowledge of any Object Oriented Programming Language.
Motivated to contribute and do what it takes to get things done as well as motivate others
* Experience in leading a team effort with a collaborative team of diverse associates
* Challenge developers on design and BA's on user stories that are vague and cannot be tested.
* Possess organizational skills and have ability to set, track, and meet deadlines for themselves and team members, achieve and maintain expected productivity levels. Be able to provide regular updates to the leadership and other teams.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with clear, concise technical writing style
* Excellent listening, presentation and interpersonal skills;
* Problem Solving/Analytical Skills - Critical thinking and the ability to lead as part of a problem-solving group
* Ability to manage and prioritize multiple department initiatives and be responsible for the execution of project tasks in a high pressure environment with high degree of accountability, commitment and responsibility.
* Ability to work independently as well as build relationships and influence cross functional teams within your area of responsibility
* Understand own strengths and weaknesses, has professional standards with regard to attendance, personal accountability, and integrity.
* Patience and a humility is valuable, especially in all dealings with team members. This is especially true when trying to mentor or guide other team members, the ability to articulate in ways that are understood by the listener at their level is necessary while also possessing good listening skills. The humility to acknowledge need for continuous learning and to undertake a program of learning to constantly update skills and keep abreast of current development is vital.
* BS/ MS in Computer Science, Mathematics or Business related field with 10+ years in Active Quality Engineering role
* 5+ years requirements/scripting/IT experience in highly technical, source code bases Quality Engineering teams in Agile Environment
* 3+ years if hands on development experience using languages such as Python, .net or Java
Princeton Information is one of the nation's top five privately-held IT consulting firms, in business since 1985. Princeton Information services a clientele of primarily Fortune 500 companies nationwide. With annual revenues over $120 million, Princeton Information operates across the US from multiple regional offices.
Our Commitment to Our Consultants
As a privately held company, Princeton Information is solely committed to the success of clients and consultants - not to any shareholders. PI's success is grounded in the relationships we build with our consultants. We seek the best people; provide career path counseling; as well as the most challenging opportunities in business and in IT. As part of its culture of loyalty and commitment to its consultants, Princeton Information is committed to doing all we can to ensure our consultants have the best possible search, placement and work experience possible.
Working with one Princeton Recruiter will gain you access to over 500 open requirements with the top clients in the US across all industries (finance, insurance, pharmaceutical, commercial, telecom, media, manufacturing) nationwide. Our local recruiters have in-depth knowledge of our clients and opportunities. They will work with you to find you the best possible opportunities for you and your career.
Our relationships with our clients, as well as our consultants, are critical to our success! We have a robust sales organization that ensures that Princeton has the inside track on what attributes a person needs in order to be successfully placed and engaged at our clients. We know the technical and non-technical skills that our clients are looking for and we ensure that you are educated about the client prior to your interview with them. Princeton is committed to going above and beyond to ensure that each meeting you have with a client is a successful one!