Lead SDET LOCATION:
Remote (company in Rockville, MD) SUMMARY:
Apex Systems has an immediate opening for a Lead SDET to join our client in the financial regulation industry. The position is on a contract-to-hire basis, offering a competitive compensation package. Working independently, the Lead Developer in Test owns the quality of software products delivered within the SDLC, as well as leads and mentors a team (4-6 approximately) of other Developers in Test. QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's or Master's in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years experience in software development and/or test automation development
- Excellent and demonstrated understanding in Computer Science fundamentals - Algorithm Design, Problem Solving, Complexity Analysis and Data Structures.
- Excellent understanding of testing process, test types, test design and testing methodologies.
- Testing tools, frameworks, and libraries could include Selenium Web Driver, Protractor, Gatling, JMeter, Jasmine & Karma, REST Assured, JUnit, Scala test, etc.
- Experience with SQL and relational databases.
- Demonstrated understanding of Cloud technologies, preferably AWS
- Demonstrated experience with Unix/Linux environment.
- Experience with continuous automation delivery tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with functional or Performance or Security or DevOps test tools
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships that improve the quality of work products.
- Demonstrated organization skills that are thorough and possess the ability to handle competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain focus and develop proficiency in new skills rapidly.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be self-directed, detail-oriented and possess strong mentoring skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to a team of Developers in Test.
- Perform Independent Assurance on all Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) phases in a project.
- Responsible for identifying project risks and developing mitigation strategies.
- Architect, Design and Develop automation code, scripts, utilities, simulators, data generators, API/interface testing solutions and other programmatic test tools to test complex systems.
- Create and execute complex test strategies across multiple systems, as required, to execute tests.
- Review and provide feedback on system architecture, code, and design documents.
- Continually look for ways to innovate and improve the testing process to gain efficiencies.
- Possess and Demonstrate domain expertise in the project involved and serves as a overall technical subject matter expert across the entire team's portfolio.
- Own the automation architecture (both functional and performance) and sets up test frameworks/infrastructure.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or