10415 Morado Cir, Austin, TX, USADivision:
Cox AutomotiveJob Level:
Yes, 5 % of the TimeSchedule:
Day JobRequisition Number:
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED). Cox Automotive
is adding an experienced Lead Scrum Master
to our Inventory Management Solutions (IMS)
portfolio group in Austin
. Lead Scrum Master
While Scrum Master may sound like a great name for a comic book villain, you probably know that this actual job isnt quite so nefarious. In fact, as a senior-level expert in all things Scrum (aka Lead Scrum Master), youd mostly be responsible for facilitating the learning and growth of our Agile teams, helping them develop a lean-Agile mindset, improve their game, and achieve more predictable delivery.
At Cox Automotive, our engineers and technologists are literally changing the way people buy, sell and use cars. With operations across five continents and powerhouse brands like Autotrader and Kelly Blue Book in our family, we have the reach to make this transformation happen in new and exciting ways. From browsing to test driving, purchasing to servicing, the positive change we envision for the automotive industry is being driven by our software innovations. Weve got some of the most robust data in the industry, so our big data insights can lead to some amazing creations.
And now, were working on creating a future that is autonomous, connected, electric, and shared. And you, my friend, could make this a reality. All while working in an environment where we lift each other up and share a deep commitment both to our people and to our purpose of building a brighter future for the next generation.
We should mention that because certain COVID-19 restrictions are still in place, this is a temporary work-from-home role. The role will eventually evolve into a hybrid position - a balance of in-person and remote work that allows the Lead Scrum Manager to enjoy some flexibility while working closely with their teams to maximize productivity and performance. Learn more about Cox Automotive What Youll Do
This is a multi-faceted job, so youll need to keep a lot of metaphoric plates spinning. Youll support our delivery teams, be a master at the art of facilitating agile ceremonies, develop and manage best practices around backlog management, offer advice and guidance, and more!
This position involves more than just harnessing gray matter. Were also eager for someone who understands the power of connectivity. That means creating and executing new ways of supporting our team and our internal clients.
Heres a high-level look at some of the responsibilities youll tackle: Backlog Management Practices
Agile Ceremony Facilitation
- Youll collaborate with product owners and other team members to learn and practice healthy backlog management and prioritization practices.
- Youll facilitate the execution and improvement of our backlog refinement.
- Youll prep for and facilitate release planning with our teams.
- Youll help with dependency management and cross-team coordination.
Delivery Team Support
- Youll facilitate continuous improvement and the development of learning culture on teams, as well as related ceremonies, collaboration, communication, and conflict management.
- Youll coach new team members on an Agile mindset as well as Agile frameworks, practices, and processes.
- Youll be a true influencer in the removal of organizational impediments and the development of healthy Agile practices.
- Youll get to mentor Product Owners and team members in agile practices and continuous improvement.
Advice and Guidance
- Youll remove speed bumps that get in the way of your teams performance.
- Youll be the teams buffer, helping minimize distractions & disruptions.
- Youll help in the coordination of operational issue resolution.
- Youll facilitate your teams development, making sure conflicts are mitigated and healthy team dynamics are a core foundation.
- Youll encourage and instill team responsibility, self-accountability, transparency, and self-organization.
- Youll use your incomparable coaching skills to help the team learn to solve its own problems.
Whats In It For You?
- Youll introduce the team to healthy Agile development practices, and encourage them to focus on critical elements like quality, technical excellence, predictable delivery, automation, and continuous delivery.
- Youll also promote a balanced backlog that delivers valuable features for customers, reduces our technical debt, provides business value, and enables product sustainability.
- Youll help your team develop, capture, and analyze metrics so they can make transformative improvements while working with total transparency and the highest data integrity.
Really good question and we have some good answers that we hope you like.
We want you to feel cared for and respected (like you do with our customers), and that starts with Coxs highly competitive pay plus uncapped commission plan and other compensation perks (401k + company matching, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.). We also offer free Internet and other Cox discounted services, tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance, and much more.
Good work should be rewarded, and not just with a healthy paycheck. And while we may be innovation obsessed, we never forget that we are human-powered. So, its our goal to make sure you feel recognized for your contributions. Its also important to work alongside colleagues who "get you." At Cox, youll find a workplace where relationships are crafted with care and successes are celebrated with high fives. We strive to create an environment where you can do you, and everyone from leadership to new hires can support and feel supported.
We know youre always looking for growth and the opportunity to learn new things. At Cox Automotive, youll have all kinds of opportunities to expand your expertise and grow your skills in ways that will challenge and empower you. And in the future, you may have the opportunity to drive innovation in other sectors where the Cox family of brands operates like cleantech, health care, and esports.
Youll work alongside fantastic people who want to see you succeed. We know none of us is as smart as all of us, and we strive to bring out the best in everyone. Our beliefs, our ways of working and lifting each other up, our knowledge, and our commitment to people and purpose all form a cultural fabric that is remarkably flexible, but extraordinarily strong.
Youll also get to work with a wide range of products and technologies across the Cox Automotive ecosystem, allowing you to have hands-on experience in transforming an industry. We dont believe in limitations, only possibilities. Our technological capabilities combined with your wisdom and wizardry will allow us to grow the good and drive incredible innovation. Qualifications:
Who You Are
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job.
- Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.
You are curious, open-minded, and optimistic. A true go-getter. You welcome new ideas and people who are different from you, and youre ready to make your mark at a company that is building a brighter future for the next generation.
Here are a few additional tidbits that describe you:
- Youve got your bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Psychology (or a degree in a related field) or 11 years of an equivalent combo of industry-related experience and education.
- Youve got 7 or more years of experience as a Scrum Master.
- Your leadership style is all about influencing others.
- Youve worked in and enjoy large complex environments with Teams of Teams whirling around.
- You do not practice the command & control style of leadership as it just isnt you.
- Youve mastered the SDLC, and have demonstrated your expertise on various phases of work associated with software development.
- Your alter ego is, "Super Conflict Resolver Undeterred Master" overcoming conflict and disagreement in a single stand-up.
- You also have working experience with Scrum, XP, or Kanban, and Agile scaling frameworks (preferably SAFe).
- You love your data and dashboards and are right at home in Excel or Tableau.
Its also a big plus if youve already got your Scrum Master certification or equivalent professional certification. Apply now to join the Cox family of businesses!
Who We AreAbout Cox Automotive
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.