*THis role can telecommute*
What you are good at
- Independently and expertly deliver security value by proactively identifying and executing on opportunities for improving network and cloud security tool effectiveness, efficiency, scalability, maturity, and resiliency.
- Drive a multi-year, multi-team risk reduction strategy and deliver it through direct implementation and broad cross-organizational technical leadership.
- Understand and exercise judgement that favors the holistic cybersecurity organization over locally optimal outcomes.
- Influence security technology decisions, direction, and scope while balancing tradeoffs to deliver value quickly.
- Drive peers towards organizational security goals.
- Exhibit a very high standard of technical and interpersonal judgement, innovation, and execution.
- Expertly develop and implement technical and procedural solutions to open-ended problems.
- Demonstrate a high level of depth in multiple network or cloud security platforms that bring unique business value.
- Efficiently manage cybersecurity risk and enable the business by implementing, maintaining, and optimizing network & cloud security controls with a customer focus.
- Urgently detect and respond to technical security issues. Follow up with a root cause analysis (RCA) and implement improvements to prevent reoccurrence.
Integration, Projects, and Initiatives
- Develop and maintain high-quality, complete, and current documentation.
- Identify and address opportunities for improvement across documentation and training processes.
- Develop an excellent working knowledge of all assigned products, as a subject matter expert (SME)
- Develop and maintain training guides for products you own/administer to support thorough and effective cross-training.
- Seek out opportunities to train and be trained to ensure excellent knowledge, skills, and abilities coverage across all assigned products
What you have
- Deliver on assigned Projects & Resiliency Initiative
- Proactively collaborate with peers in an effective, efficient, respectful, and timely manner.
- Develop and maintain artifacts such as timelines, diagrams, guides, procedures, inventories, recommendations, and decisions.
- Strive to exceed time, budget, scope, and quality requirements. Proactively identify and escalate issues that may negatively impact delivery.
- Deploy POCs and Pilots as needed, works with multiple enterprise teams to obtain testers to validate assumptions and operation of the control prior to wide scale deployment
- 7+ years of experience in cybersecurity
- 5+ years of direct experience with Cybersecurity tools selection, design, deployment, maintenance, and operations
- 5+ years of direct engineering experience with Network and Cloud Security solutions (IDS, IPS, WAF, DDOS Mitigation, CDN, SIEM, SWG, SASE, ZTNA, CASB, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of networking and cloud security knowledge & concepts
- Advanced knowledge of cybersecurity frameworks (e.g. NIST CSF, CIS Critical Security Controls, NIST 800-53)
- Advanced knowledge of compliance and legal requirements (State and Federal) including SOX, GLBA, GDPR
- Fundamental understanding of budgeting (CAPEX, OPEX)
- Automation experience (Python, scripts, Ansible, Salt, etc.)
- AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform experience
- 4-year college degree in Comp Sci or Cybersecurity (or equivalent)
- Security Management certifications (CISSP, CISM, CISA, or equivalent)
- Security certifications (CRISC, GSEC, GMON, GPEN, GCIH, GCIA, or equivalent)
Target Total Compensation - $126,500 - $231,900 >
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience - talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Workplace Flexibility Program : We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work - whether that's in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference *
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees. Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call .
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.