ZeniMax Online Studios is looking for a Lead Server Engineer to lead the server development team in a new engine for the studio's next AAA project.
The preferred location for this role is Hunt Valley, MD, Austin, TX, Madison, WI, San Diego, CA, or Seattle, WA. Will consider remote. Responsibilities
- Lead the server engineering team in the design and implementation of server technology
- Define and maintain the overall technological design for all server systems
- Design, architect, and refine backend game systems throughout the development cycle of the project
- Work directly with messaging and database frameworks to provide base level functionality for feature development
- Work with Technical Producer to prioritize and schedule work for engineers on your team
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Proficient in C++
- Experience with network game client/server architecture
- Strong communication skills
- Solid architecture skills and attention to detail
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code
- Strong debugging skills
- Previous management experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- MMO development experience a plus
- Experience in a "Live" environment (ongoing support of a product after launch)
- Experience with cloud development and Kubernetes
- Experience with Linux development
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do - from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.