Lead Sharepoint (Collaboration) Engineer REF#:
32929 CBS BUSINESS UNIT:
CBS Corporate JOB TYPE:
Full-Time Staff JOB SCHEDULE:
Full-Time JOB LOCATION:
New York, NY ABOUT US:
CBS Corporation (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) is a mass media company that creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. CBS owns the most-watched television network in the U.S. and one of the world's largest libraries of entertainment content, making its brand - "the Eye" - one of the most recognized in business. The Company's operations span virtually every field of media and entertainment, including cable, publishing, local TV, film and interactive. CBS' businesses include CBS Television Network, The CW (a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Warner Bros. Entertainment), Network 10 Australia, CBS Television Studios, CBS Global Distribution Group, CBS Consumer Products, CBS Home Entertainment, CBS Interactive, CBS Sports Network, CBS Films, Showtime Networks, Pop, Smithsonian Networks, Simon & Schuster, CBS Television Stations and CBS Experiences. DESCRIPTION:
The Senior Collaboration Engineer will play a pivotal role in defining and driving improvements in the CBS collaborative technology platforms. These technologies include messaging (email & chat), video conferencing, and productivity solutions. The role calls for someone that enjoys engaging with a wide array of partners, such as other engineers, operations staff, senior leaders, and vendors, in order to identify the right solutions to enhance the work lives and productivity of employees across the entire organization. The ability to employ creative technical solutions, sometimes where no technology currently exists, is key. As such, a good understanding of enterprise-grade collaborative technologies will be paramount to success. The successful candidate needs to self-sufficient and highly self-motivated, engaging colleagues across the organization to hit targets successfully.
- Help define, maintain, and execute product and roadmap for Productivity, Collaboration, Messaging, and Video technologies used across the company.
- Lead the implementation of technical projects to achieve delivery of releases of key products and solutions.
- Act as first point of contact for new requests for Workplace products or solutions, documenting requirements, assessing impact to architecture & strategy, defining the right approach, and creation of Proof of Concepts.
- Define and document procedural guides for testing and rolling out new operating systems, and hardware devices.
- Be consistently and immersively engaged in technology news and changing trends in the industry and provide management and internal teams with updates of all information.
- Minimum 3 years experience managing all aspects of Office 365.
- Hands-on experience with other messaging and collaboration technologies such as Google G-Suite, Slack, and Zoom.
- Understanding of security, legal and compliance requirements when implementing these tools.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with clients, vendors and teammates, with an ability to summarize and translate between business and technical contexts.
- Experience managing IT product/services TCO and lifecycle.
- Applies creativity with an enterprise mindset.
- Self-starter individual contributor, able to execute without staff, and with light supervision.
- Ability to remain calm and be able to execute under pressure (e.g. critical outages, delivery deadlines).
- Experience working with Python is a plus.
- Experience working with API's is a plus.
- Experience working with UCaaS platforms is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in a STEM subject (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math)
Preferred: EEO STATEMENT:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled