The Retirement Plan Services (RPS) technology team is responsible for design, implementation, and deployment of mission critical projects and applications that support the requirements of our business and customer community and provide robust and continuous operation for the management of our clients' retirement accounts. Our portfolio includes Enterprise class internet facing web sites and data services supporting multiple user communities and business channels. We are looking for an energetic and motivated Lead Software Application Engineer to join our team in application development and delivery in this portfolio. What you are good at
What you have
- As a lead developer and senior member of the RPS Project Delivery team, you will join a software development organization and contribute to design and development on multiple applications across the RPS application portfolio.
- You will join an Agile team of skilled software engineers focused on the Software Development Lifecycle of our applications ensuring high engagement and high performance in application delivery.
- You will partner with scrum master, product owner, and other key stakeholders to build and maintain development backlogs.
- You will be responsible for leading software design, development and testing at the direction of senior staff throughout the Software Development Lifecycle.
- You will be responsible for mentoring and coaching junior members of the development team in software development best practices and patterns, and Agile development.
- You will be part of a team where everyone is committed to an attitude of "whatever it takes" to deliver quality software on time and on budget including design, coding, testing, deployment, and certification.
- You will participate in program level, project level, and technical governance processes to ensure our applications meet and exceed expectations.
- 2+ years of experience working as a tech lead or any similar role in that capacity
- 8+ years of application development experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical design and solutioning activities within your team and broader organization
- Demonstrated ability to define and drive development and organizational strategies
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience and a desire to mentor peers and junior staff
- Demonstrated experience in modern internet application techniques and technologies including Angular 10+, Single Page Application (SPA), Responsive Design, Bootstrap, Backbone, and others
- Net WebForms or MVC software development experience in C#.NET
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment experience using modern tools (e.g., Bamboo, BitBucket/Git, Puppet, Jenkins, or others)
- Experience developing RESTful Web APIs in Microsoft .NET
- Experience developing and deploying APIs to Cloud-based platforms (PCF, Azure, AWS, or others)
- Experience building and executing automated tests (Karma, Selenium, Sauce Labs, or others)
- Familiarity with secure coding development (OWASP, CWE, etc.) a plus
- Experience with both relational and non-relational (unstructured) database systems such as Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB, Redis, etc.
- Experience in Test Driven Design (TDD) techniques a plus
- Demonstrated commitment to team partnership and success
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic self-starter who enjoys solving technical and non-technical challenges
- Minimum B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
Target Total Compensation in Colorado: $121,000 - 242,000
Target Total Compensation in New York City: $132,000 - $264,000
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more. Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.