Client Reference Code:
Contribute to and provide technical direction to the Operations development staff. This position will be expected to contribute in areas dealing with software design, service architecture, database design, compliancy and strategy in the delivery of high quality software solutions.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web- and desktop-based business applications.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties.
- Responsible for compliance with company engineering standards, policies and procedures.
- Maintain good relations with peers, team, other organizations and vendors.
- Be part of an effective front line Leadership team and assist them with developing their direct reports as to drive a high performance culture and environment.
- Strong understanding of application architecture including load balancing, ports, security, LDAP, IIS, Apache/Tomcat, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL Server, Oracle, and/or MySQL and ability to write and evaluate T-SQL and/or PLSQL.
- Perform other duties as requested by Manager
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Angular, NodeJ, GraphQL and some php
- Extensive experience designing and developing enterprise grade software
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with agile development methodologies including Scrum
- Experience with multi-threading and concurrency
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
Bachelor's degree (B. Sc.) in Computer Science or Engineering from a four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experienceRelated Work Experience
6 plus years Software Developer/Architect
3 - 5 years Business process/IT/Engineering solutions integration
1 - 3 years Leadership experience PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Microservices, Big Data, Hadoop, HDFS, Time Series Database (TSDB), Impala, Kudu, gRPC, Kafka, Protobuf, HashiCorp, Service Mesh, Ansible, DockerRelated Work Experience
5+ years of experience in most of the following:
Angular, NodeJ, GraphQL and some php
MySQL, SQL ServerWORKING CONDITIONS
Office environmentJob Code :
ISW305 Lead Software Developer Exempt