What you'll do...
About H&R Block...
- Provides technical expertise to design, develop and maintain software components and products that support H&R Block business applications.
- In addition, provides lead role for day-to-day functional tasks in the team, developer support and maintaining the development environment.
- Uses tools, languages, coding standards and best practices to develop new product features and maintain year over year product functionality and enhancements.
- Creates and executes unit tests and addresses defects.
- Works closely with the QA, UX and other related teams to ensure consistent understanding of requirements and approach.<
- In addition, assists in planning and implementation of a strategic direction for the product.
- Designs, develops and maintains complex software components
- Creates and maintains documentation of design approaches
- Creates and maintains documentation on internal architecture of the system. Leads architectural changes in the system.
- Identifies product design features to support scalability, usability and better performance.
- Assists and drives technical design and code reviews for all new enhancements and maintenance work delivered by the development team.
- Understands complex business and functional requirements and produces technical specifications and product requirements.
- Establishes best practices in coding and development within the team. Ensures consistency of the use of best practices within the team.
- Designs and develops reusable code components. Positively and proactively leads and influences the team.
- Provides advice and guidance to associate, senior and software engineer roles in the effective use of coding principles and best practices. Develops reusable code components.
- Creates, maintains and executes unit test and alpha test plans
- Maintains development environment and creates build.
- Maintains and improves current knowledge on the latest technologies relevant to the role regarding algorithms, language, design methodology, third-party development tools, application platforms, hardware compatibility and operating systems.
- Mentors and coaches other team members on the latest technological advances within the current technology used. Leads by example.
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation. It would be even better if you also had...
What you'll bring to the team...
- Document Management experience, as well as Document capture and extraction experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience.
- 8 years (minimum) related work experience
- Team lead experience
- Interviewing experience
- Must possess strong skills with Java and C#
- Must possess Cloud/DevOps experience
- Must have some mix of skills in the following:
- Microservices / Dropwizard
- APIs / REST / SOAP
- SQL / Hibernate / JPA
- Message Queuing / RabbitMQ
- Azure DevOps / Git / Artifacts / SonarQube / CICD
- Linux / Bash
- IntelliJ / Maven / Junit
- Monitoring / Jaeger / Prometheus / Grafana / PagerDuty
- Scrum / Kanban