The Lead Software Engineer is responsible for generating creative solutions to address complex issues on current applications and/or to create new solutions that address clients needs. This position will dramatically expand the Software Engineer s experience and elevate the scope of the responsibilities to the enterprise level. The engineer is expected to be a major contributor to Tyler s enterprise land integration architecture, infrastructure, and development efforts, being a driving force to help shape and implement the next generation of Tyler Technologies.
Dayton Metropolitan Area, Ohio
- Build and leverage Tyler s emergent integration technology landscapes; designing common integration strategies and architectures in conjunction with product teams as well as engineering the adoptions of those technologies into Tyler s products.
- Design, build and deploy enterprise integration and cloud software technology to achieve a common data and control backplane between land/tax centric enterprise application products
- Serve as a consultant in a professional services role and/or provide mentoring to professional services teams as needed from time to time to establish specifications and requirements related to product and enterprise integration.
- Build out and leverage Tyler s enterprise integration platform to meet product and market integration requirements
- Maintain existing systems by fixing bugs or clearing up operational deficiencies in both previously released software and software slated for future release.
- Provide high-level analysis and design to address and create well-integrated application systems.
- Work through all phrases of the SDLC including research, design, analysis, requirements, implementation, test automation and maintenance.
- Utilize new technologies and tools to modify products and provide integration with applications developed internally and externally.
- Provide guidance to less experienced team members to ensure knowledge transfer and training are successfully meeting department goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor s degree in computer science, software engineering, or comparable work experience.
- More than 5 years of software design and development experience with conventional technologies.
- Experience with business process modeling, workflow, data modeling tools or products.
- Ability to apply modern architecture patterns such as reactive architectures, data pipelines, and event driven systems in the context of public cloud services such as AWS or Azure.
- Experience with SnapLogic, web services and/or SOA
- Knowledgeable with polyglot development stacks and technical environments.
- Ability to turn on a consulting mindset in order to effectively work with clients and implementation teams to define to-be business process architectures and the enabling configuration designs that meet client requirements
- Ability to make presentations and speak in front of a group in any needed technical, business, and evangelist capacities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a distributed agile product team
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of software development practices, computer science theory, and understanding of relevant technologies.
- Relevant Technologies:
- .Net / C# (or similar high-level language)
- REST API
- Experience in providing guidance and direction to less experienced staff.
- Well-developed logical thinking and reasoning skills.
Requisition Number: 6019018-1