This position will dramatically expand the Software Engineer s experience and elevate the scope of responsibilities to the enterprise level. Duties will include evaluating, analyzing, and testing emergent technologies; designing integration strategies for product teams; and facilitating the uptake of those technologies. The engineer is expected to be a major contributor to the enterprise architecture, infrastructure, and engineering efforts, being a driving force to help shape and implement the next generation of Tyler technologies.
- Evaluate industry and enterprise technologies and assist with go/no go adoption decisions.
- Develop technology implementation strategies and timelines.
- Serve as key player in enterprise architecting, engineering, and deployment solutions.
- Promote, assist, and support product development teams with technology uptake.
- Develop new application and infrastructure components from established specifications or documented requirements.
- Maintain existing systems by fixing bugs or clearing up operational deficiencies in both previously released software and software slated for future release.
- Assure program, module and system integrity through thorough testing and adherence to company standards and procedures.
- Work through all phases of the software development life cycle, including research, design, analysis, requirements, implementation, test automation, and maintenance.
- Prepare and modify program and system documentation.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- More than 5 years of software design and development experience with conventional technologies
- Experience with data modeling tools beneficial
- Experience with web services and/or Service Oriented Architecture beneficial
- Superior communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills is a must
- Demonstrated ability for effective multi-tasking
- Ability to contribute strongly in a distributed development environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Requisition Number: 45-18-353