Job DescriptionLead Software Engineer (Mobile)
If you are looking for a cutting edge, smart, Agile, and entrepreneurial company to grow your career, we might have found your home. A technology services organization, delivering an award-winning application in the commercial real estate vertical. A true growth company in its early stages of exploding in the global marketplace.
We engineer products for both consumers and enterprises that are equally critical to our value proposition. In addition, we are evolving our technology into a truly global platform for integrating thousands of service providers to address the needs of this emerging space. It takes superior technical and operational execution and problem-solving skills to make this work. This is where you come in.
As the successful candidate for this position, you focus on leading an engineering team by example. Reporting to a Director of Engineering, you will lead a consistent team of approximately 4 to 7 engineers to deliver on our roadmap by delivering incremental results via our agile team process. You will collaborate with Product Management daily ensuring cross-team transparency, communication, and effectiveness.Value Benefits:Competitive Salary7.5% BonusSignificant Equity PackageUnlimited PTOCasual working environment - (Tee-Shirt and Sandals)NO REMOTE - NO SPONSORSHIPSResponsibilities:
- Lead, motivate, and mentor local engineers and offshore contractors to maximize velocity, quality, and value to our customers.
- Lead your team(s) in solving challenging problems drawing on your years of technical expertise especially via tech planning and grooming of upcoming work.
- Own the tech (software and tech planning process), but you will not need to own direct report relationships or challenging behavioral issues. That responsibility falls on the Director in your group.
- Assist in release and deployment events, helping to ensure the best possible customer experience when the rubber meets the road.
- Work with delivery management to track objectives, dependencies, status, and results of your team while leading by example to facilitate aspects of our Agile/Scrum development process
- Intimately involved in the hiring and onboarding process for new engineers
- Giving feedback to squad members regularly with a focus on technical learning and growth
- Add to the spirit and culture that keeps our people happy, our team awesome, and a great place to work.
- You have experience leading highly performant software development teams and being responsible for driving delivery and quality of that group's results
- You are fully versed in Agile/Scrum development processes and principles and you've lived its life cycle from requirements through post-deployment
- Have stellar experience as a software engineer and still desire to be a Player-Coach.
- A level of mentorship expertise in Linux, GitHub, AWS, SQL, and preferably at least some of our tech stack which includes JS, Node.js, React.js, React Native, and TypeScript.
- You have worked with tools to the process of defining, building, delivering, and managing great software the better since you will play an important role in the continuous tuning of our processes
- You have equal passions for execution excellence and seeing your work have an impact; you strive to simplify and streamline
- You also understand the importance of building relationships within and beyond your team and are a champion in the recruiting process and identifying talent for your team
- At a minimum, you have a B.S. in Computer Science. We value formal education, but the right experience also goes a long way