**All resumes will remain strictly confidential.
- This position will be part of the Bureau of Technology Services Network Team, which is responsible for managing, maintaining, and supporting a variety of mission critical networks. This individual will be a Bureau of Technology Services Information Systems Technical Analyst VI/Contractor III. They will interface with members of this team and other technical teams, project managers, and internal/external City customers. The candidate should be proficient in WAN telecommunications and fiber-optic networks.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in DWDM equipment deployment and maintenance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical staff and managers.
- Able to interpret customer requests or vendor concepts to deployed standard, operational services.
- Working understanding of change management and project management schedule in the act of delivering quality services.
- Able to collaborate with Team members to effectively produce operational standards and common network configurations.
- Self-starter, with strong organizational and task management skills.
- Stringent record keeping & documentation skills in all areas of network design, provisioning, troubleshooting, and change control.
- Experience with Cisco ONS platforms (SONET).
- Experience with Carrier-Grade Ethernet deployment and services.
- Knowledge and techniques for troubleshooting Ethernet (layer 2) transport circuits and interfaces.
- Knowledge, understanding, and experience deploying and servicing ethernet and optical networks.
- Experience with large volume eline, elan, and virtual private-line provisioning.
- IPv4/v6 CIDR and address management.
- Experience with cloud-based or X-as-a-Service (XaaS) service delivery.
- Understanding and experience with ethernet performance and fault monitoring.
- A firm understanding and experience with the deployment of DWDM equipment.
- Firm understanding of DWDM purpose and benefits in a regional network.
- Knowledge and experience high-channel DWDM deployment as a core transport service.
- Experience provisioning and maintaining DWDM circuits and wavelength services off-net.
- Experience with optical networking, including long range and short-range equipment.
- Experience supporting a large scale SONET infrastructure.
- Ability to troubleshoot under stressful conditions.