With over 40 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities and data centers around the world, DTCC automates, centralizes, and standardizes the processing of financial transactions across the trade lifecycle and mitigates risk for thousands of institutions worldwide.
At DTCC we value on our clients' interests and partner to deliver superior results with excellence and innovation and lead with integrity. We proactively develop your potential and invest in your career.
Why you'll love this job:
Being a member of the IT Team the Lead Software engineer provides technical expertise and may coordinate some day-to-day work for a team. Will be working on the Big Data / Cloud / Data Science areas on a high transparency multiyear project in DTCC. Assists in the technical design of large business systems; builds applications, interfaces between applications, understands data security, retention, and recovery. Can research technologies independently and recommend appropriate solutions. Gives to technology-specific best practices & standards; supplies to success criteria from design through deployment, including, reliability, cost-effectiveness, performance, data integrity, maintainability, reuse, extensibility, usability and scalability; gives expertise on significant application components, vendor products, program languages, databases, operating systems, etc., and guides less experienced staff during the build and test phases.
The incumbent applies a deep technical knowledge in order to craft and construct critical systems. May give from the early stages of an initiative, working with the business, Functional Architects, and authorities on related systems, or may be supply during the design phase to work on specific components. This involves working with the Senior Software Engineer, and other technical contributors at all levels, to make well-informed technology recommendations. This position gives expertise to project teams through all phases, including post-deployment support. This means researching specific technologies, and applications, participating in application design, supporting development teams, testing, solving, and production support. The TLSE must possess strong interpersonal skills and be able to earn the respect of a software engineering team and influence the team in technical design and implementation. This position requires working closely with the functional and governance functions, and more senior technical resources, reviewing technical designs and specifications, and giving to cost estimates and schedules.
- Identifies requirements and use cases for the Collibra solution that will support the governance strategy and roadmap; implement those requirements of Collibra
- Partner with Data Governance Lead and Data Stewards for requirements, integrations and processes, participate in meetings and working sessions
- Configure Collibra Dbased the technical and functional requirements pertaining to Business Glossary / data taxonomy, data ownership and workflow.
- Design and Build the Metamodel, Business Glossary, Reference Data, Data Catalog, Policy Manager and Scorecards.
- Developing Mid-size to Complex BPMN Workflows satisfying the business requirements
- Developing integration between Collibra and other Enterprise applications such Orion (Scanner tool) , Informatica, JIRA etc. , using Collibra API & Collibra Connect, REST API's.
- Recognizes the benefits and limitations of using out-of-the-box Collibra features
- Responsible for upgrades and future developments of Data Governance tool suites
- Partner with the Platform Support for Production deployment and Warranty support phases
- Deliver innovative, efficient and cost-effective solutions to meet enterprise needs along with Enterprise Architect, solution Architect and to drive business growth.
- Exposure to CI/CD framework, Python, Snowflake, AWS Cloud framework is an added advantage.
- Strong background in data management, governance, modeling, and development
- Expertise in Python, Java, REST APIs and relevant automation framework
- Exposure to any of the Data Catalog tool like Informatica EDC, Collibra Catalog, Alassion etc. is a plus but not required
- Experience with data management and governance tools like Collibra, Orion, Erwin Informatica, Hopex is a plus but not required
- AWS experience is a desirable, but not required.
- 8+ years' experience working in application development or system analysis primarily working in Java / Python.
- 2 years of team leadership experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.