Lead Software Engineer (High-growth tech company)
This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in building out a new web platform from the ground up that will be used by hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of consumers. You will be both building the foundation as well as improving upon the architecture and mobile interfaces, and you’ll be leaned on as the subject-matter expert. We are passionate about building easy to use, beautiful, well-structured products that delight our customers, and we strive to do so with code and technologies that are high-quality, modern, maintainable, and elegant. This is a full-time role with a very generous salary, benefits, and perks.
- Work with a small, innovative team developing an entirely new application as we expand our product and platform offerings.
- Evolving our web experience to use fast and fluid rendering and interaction technologies.
- Designing and tuning novel approaches for high performance across devices and networks.
Skills / Qualifications
- You can analyze systems, find bottlenecks and leverage best practices to improve performance.
- You're fluent in commonly used design patterns and can constructively review the work of others to ensure high quality. You have a strong understanding of computer architectures relevant to multi-tier applications.
- You have a passion for solving complex problems, be they at work or in your spare time on your own projects. You do great work even when no one is watching. The drive to deliver is just a part of you.
- You understand what it takes to write software that is used by thousands or millions of people. You love writing things that "just work" - things that are robust, scalable, and perform well. You thrill in your accomplishments but also know it's about doing and improving.
- You enjoy collaborating, learning from and teaching others so we can all become better developers. You assume good intent in others, and actively do your part to make a positive work environment.