We are working with a brand-name startup in the e-commerce space that is looking for a Senior Engineer to come aboard and support one of their newest divisions, working on the development of a brand-new, cutting-edge product.
This company has an Engineering first policy and is blessed with strong and inspirational leadership and a genuinely great culture to work in.
- Support the product architecture and code structure
- Coach the team, assign projects/sprints, and guide the unit to success.
- Drive production through leveraging Jira and KPIs.
- Lead from the front; this role will require higher-level conversations with individual team members as well as building high-quality code yourself.
- Perform code reviews and promote best practices
- Establish coding and testing standards for the team
- Report to internal stakeholders and translate business requirements into specific solutions and tech projects.
- Collaborate with the technical teams across the business
- A demonstratable track record with Node (Tailwind, NextJS, or Elixir a plus)
- An appreciation for product engineering who comes with "war stories" to share about their achievements
- A passion for your work and for helping mentor mid- and junior-level developers.
- Diverse technical toolkit and an interest in the newest development tools.
- Coming equipped with experience in a startup environment and/or project management experience would be a huge plus.
- Casual work environment & flexible work schedule
- A bonus scheme that actually pays out
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Stock purchase plan
- Employee-friendly vacation and PTO
- 401k with employer matching
Note: This role will be 100% remote until at least 2021, however, you must be located - or willing to relocate to - Austin, TX in anticipation of the office's re-open next year.