With over 40 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities and data centers around the world, DTCC automates, centralizes, and standardizes the processing of financial transactions across the trade lifecycle and mitigates risk for thousands of institutions worldwide.
At DTCC we value on our clients' interests and partner to deliver superior results with excellence and innovation and lead with integrity. We proactively develop your potential and invest in your career. Why you'll love this job:
The Development family is responsible for creating, designing, deploying, and supporting applications, programs, and software solutions. This includes research, new development, prototyping, modification, reuse, re-engineering, maintenance, or any other activities related to software products used internally or externally on product platforms supported by the firm. The software development process requires in-depth expertise in existing and emerging development methodologies, tools, and programming languages. Software Engineers work closely with business partners and/or external clients in defining requirements and implementing solutions.
The Software Engineering role specializes in planning, documenting technical requirements, designing, developing, and testing all software systems and applications for the firm. They work with architects, product managers, project management, and end-users in the development and enhancement of existing software systems and applications, proposing and recommending solutions that solve complex business problems. Your Responsibilities
- Act as a technical expert on one or more applications used by DTCC
- Work with the Business System Analyst to ensure designs satisfy functional requirements
- Partner with Infrastructure to identify and deploy optimal hosting environments
- Tune application performance to eliminate and reduce issues
- Research and evaluate technical solutions consistent with DTCC technology standards
- Align risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
- Apply different software development methodologies dependent on project needs
- Contribute expertise to the design of components or individual programs, and participate in the construction and functional testing
- Support development teams, testing, troubleshooting, and production support
- Create applications and construct unit test cases that ensure compliance with functional and non-functional requirements
- Work with peers to mature ways of working, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- 4+ years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Champions a culture where honesty and transparency are expected
- Stays current on changes in his/her own specialist area and seeks out learning opportunities to ensure knowledge is up-to-date
- Invests effort to individually coach others.
- Builds collaborative teams across the organization.
- Communicates openly keeping everyone informed.
- Passion for technology innovation, a curious mind and an entrepreneurial mentality.
- Experience in both front end and/or back end application development
- Experience to include the following technologies: Java (J2EE, J2SE), Spring, CSS, Angular and/or React, Postgres and Oracle DBs, solid understanding of AWS services and Unix.
- Experience using the following tools: GIT, Bit Bucket, Jira, Maven, Jenkins.
- Experience with Distributed Ledger Technology Preferred. Python scripting skills, AWS developer or solutions architect certification a plus.
- Knowledge of various software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.