ALTEK Information Technology, Inc. is currently recruiting for:
Lead Software Engineer
Location: Washington, DC
The incumbent's accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Leads a mix team of software engineers in the design, development, and implementation of multiple applications. Performs and leads the detail technical design, coding, code review and testing on new applications and enhancements of existing applications. Assists manager in all development activities, Supports other administrative and team building tasks when it needs.
2. Supports the architecture design. Assists in planning of resource/time allocations for current and projected development needs. Provides assistance in diagnosing production problems. Plays a key role on the new technology evaluation and technical prototypes.
3. Estimates the technical costs of projects for clients and project managers, confers with clients to identify requirements (e.g., data, information needs, processing, specific output, functional and development of test data), and determines their desired outcomes in order to formulate the design of the system and/or offer alternative solutions in a timely manner.
4. Provides project management regarding all technical aspects of implemented projects which includes: keeping in line with established budgets and timeframes, training end users on the operational procedures of the system, and providing technical guidance to less experienced staff during implementation. Analyzes, designs, and documents information to create the applicable statement of work and the associated deliverables.
5. Proactively analyzes and reviews emerging technologies, changes in the Insurance/Healthcare industry and the business functions of various clients, in order to determine if the advanced applications fit the needs of changing strategies, goals and objectives (develops and maintains technical knowledge through training, classes)
6. Mentors new or junior staff members on business knowledge, system peculiarities, and complex technical issues.
This position is also subject to being "on call " for emergency situations requiring immediate resolution. Travel between all CareFirst locations may be required.
This position is subject to a level 6C security requirement.
Required: This position requires a BA/BS in computer science or equivalent experience and 8+ years of industry experience developing in object-oriented in object-oriented programming language.
Specific requirements include, but not limited to:
•Strong technical leadership skill
•Knowledge of software development best practices (RUP, XP, Agile)
•Excellent experience with object- oriented analysis and design patterns/techniques with emphasis on Java/J2EE technology
•Minimum of 3+ years in extensive hands on experience with Java, J2EE, EJB, JSP, JDBC, Hibernate, JMX, JMS, Log4J, AJAX, JSF.
•Wide breadth of knowledge across many Java Open-Source technologies including Ant, Struts, Spring, XML parser technology, SOA based infrastructure, JUnit and HTTPUnit
•Wide breath knowledge of J2EE applications servers (WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss,...)
•Previous experience with Workflow and Rules Engine
•Excellent application performance tuning and trouble shooting skills
•Experience with RDBMS (DB2, Oracle or MS SQL)
•Experience with OO analysis and design
•Development with Use Cases
•Familiar with UML
•Experience with Design patterns
•Experience with RDMS
•A self- starter and quick learner
Department: APIM and DevOps CoE
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
***For immediate consideration PLEASE send all resumes to the recruiter listed below with (18-00354) in the subject line of your email.
Recruiter: Jennifer Henry
241 East 4th St, # 205 Frederick, MD, 21701