Apex Systems is looking for 2 Lead Software Engineers with expertise expert working in a microservices environment delivering complex implementations. The Lead Software Engineer will work with a team of highly skilled engineers to drive technical architecture, physical design, as well as foundational delivery and POCs for a United Healthcare blue chip program.Title:
Lead Software Engineer Industry:
- Candidate should be confident to work independently while providing guidance, support and mentoring for the team.
- Candidate should be able to drive technical architecture, design and best practices to development teams delivering RESTful APIs, microservices, and UIs built with Angular
- The candidate should have good analytical and self-learning skills and a continued desire to learn new technologies
- Candidate should be an expert working in the microservices environment and should be fully aware of reference architectures and design patterns required for a complex implementation
- Lead and develop teams focused on modernization, enablement, and engineering culture
- Lead and develop a small team of direct reports focused on driving modern solutions, design, and best practices
- Lead mentor and develop small teams of early career engineers on various small targeted deliverables
- Create quick working proof of concepts to validate and formalize solutions and design
- Own the overall technical design and direction of products
- Bring innovative ideas to help continuously improve the application portfolio including the design, build, deploy, test and runtime within cloud ecosystems
- Participate in debugging and performance tuning in a high performance cloud platform
- Involve in troubleshooting and debugging critical problems and resolving complex technical issues that may arise.
- Drive automation in project teams using best in class CI/CD and DevOps principles
- Execute development processes for the project such as build automation, unit testing, software configuration management and packaging.
- Able to solve simple to complex issues independently or with minimal support from SMEs
- Work closely with development teams on data solutions with RDBMS and NoSQL systems and ensure appropriate data models to meet business requirements.
- Provide inputs to development teams. Setup and maintain documentation and standards.
- Develop innovation, strategies, processes, and best practices.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Mentoring junior team members in design decisions and own the code reviews.
- 8+ years of experience in Software Engineering with at least 1 year of experience working as a lead with expertise in building and shipping production ready software in a scaled distributed environment
- Expertise implementing Microservices
- Expertise in modern engineering practice and design using Java, including advanced understanding in the implementation of modern Microservices.
- Excellent programming skills with Java and related frameworks like Spring Boot, Hibernate, Rest Assured
- Experience with Kafka or similar streaming technology
- Knowledge of UI based technologies preferably with Angular
- Advanced knowledge of a variety of modern open-source technologies (Kafka, AVRO, Prometheus, ELK, Kubernetes,)
- Advanced knowledge of a variety of modern database technologies with experience in both RDBMS and NoSQL Implementations
- Expertise related to continuous Integration and Deployment Strategies
- Expertise with RESTful Web Services
- Expertise with Git version control
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical colleagues.
- Expertise in container virtualization utilizing Docker and CICD using Jenkins, Gitlab or CircleCI
- Ability to lead and develop people with and without authority
- Must have a great attitude and the passion and persistence to solve complex problems
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Experience decomposing monolithic applications
- Distributed system architecture
- Public cloud platforms, solutions, automation, and design
- Exposure to healthcare domain
Application Delivery Lead
Apex Systems firstname.lastname@example.org
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com