Senior Software Engineer Project:
Apex Systems has been selected to stand up a key project team for our Fortune 100 client. This team is responsible for building Cloud based products and Cloud data migration pipelines. Candidates will be remote for the duration of the project, which is slated for 12 months but could go longer with additional work. Responsibilities:
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Design, develop, document, unit test, and debug applications utilizing JSON, Java, and more, existing software systems, and large-scale proprietary Microservices for internal use.
- Serve as a technical expert on development projects.
- Participate in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design.
- Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
- Support, maintain, and document software functionality.
- Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation.
- Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed.
- Participate in software design meetings and analyze user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Consult with end-users to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
- Career-development position within the field.
- Requires high skill sets and developing proficiency within the discipline.
- Conducts tasks and assignments as directed.
- Works under no or minimum supervision with some latitude for independent judgment.
- Possess a bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university OR High School Diploma/GED or higher from an accredited institution and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in Software Development in lieu of the bachelor's degree education requirement
- Minimum of four (5) years of experience of Software development experience with Java
- Experience in the following stacks: Java/Spring Boot
- Experience with source control tools such as Git, etc.
- Experience in Docker & Containerization
- Experience with Angular
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related discipline
- Experience with Linux
- Solid understanding of software design principles and architectural patterns
- Experience developing and delivering commercial enterprise software
- Experience working in an Agile environment with strong test automation and continuous deployment
- Health Information Systems experience in an IT, Software Engineering, Software Development role.
- Experience with healthcare data interchange standards like HL7v2 and/or FHIR
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- Ability to speak and write English fluently and idiomatically
- Experience with cloud architectures (AWS, etc.) for developing and deploying containerized applications
- CI/CD pipeline for application deployment
- Experience with Kafka or Kafka Connect
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org