Resp & Qualifications PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Under the general direction of the FEP System Manager the incumbent's accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Leads a mix team of software engineers in the design, development, and implementation of multiple applications. Performs and leads the detail technical design, coding, code review and testing on new applications and enhancements of existing applications. Assists manager in all development activities, Supports other administrative and team building tasks when it needs.
2. Supports the architecture design. Assists in planning of resource/time allocations for current and projected development needs. Provides assistance in diagnosing production problems. Plays a key role on the new technology evaluation and technical prototypes.
3.Estimates the technical costs of projects for clients and project managers, confers with clients to identify requirements (e.g., data, information needs, processing, specific output, functional and development of test data), and determines their desired outcomes in order to formulate the design of the system and/or offer alternative solutions in a timely manner.
4. Provides project management regarding all technical aspects of implemented projects which includes: keeping in line with established budgets and timeframes, training end users on the operational procedures of the system, and providing technical guidance to less experienced staff during implementation. Analyzes, designs, and documents information to create the applicable statement of work and the associated deliverables.
5. Proactively analyzes and reviews emerging technologies, changes in the Insurance/Healthcare industry and the business functions of various clients, in order to determine if the advanced applications fit the needs of changing strategies, goals and objectives (develops and maintains technical knowledge through training, classes)
6.Mentors new or junior staff members on business knowledge, system peculiarities, and complex technical issues.
This position is also subject to being "on call" for emergency situations requiring immediate resolution. Travel between all CareFirst locations may be required.
This position is subject to a level 6C security requirement.
This position provides technical guidance to less experienced staff and project management for any and all modifications to any current sites and recommends initiatives for new development. Its primary duties include acting as a mentor for the development of less experienced staff.
This position is directly accountable for the archival and stability of application source code developed.QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:Required:
This position requires a BA/BS in computer science or equivalent experience and 8+ years of industry experience developing in object-oriented in object-oriented programming language. Specific requirements include, but not limited to:
- Strong technical leadership skill
- Knowledge of software development best practices (RUP, XP, Agile)
- Excellent experience with object oriented analysis and design patterns/techniques with emphasis on Java/J2EE technology
- Minimum of 3+ years in extensive hands on experience with Java, J2EE, EJB, JSP, JDBC, Hibernate, JMX, JMS, Log4J, AJAX, JSF.
- Wide breadth of knowledge across many Java Open-Source technologies including Ant, Struts, Spring, XML parser technology, SOA based infrastructure, JUnit and HTTPUnit
- Wide breath knowledge of J2EE applications servers (WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss,…)
- Previous experience with Workflow and Rules Engine
- Excellent application performance tuning and trouble shooting skills
- Experience with RDBMS (DB2, Oracle or MS SQL)
- Experience with OO analysis and design
- Development with Use Cases
- Familiar with UML
- Experience with Design patterns
- Experience with RDMS
- A self starter and quick learner
APIM and DevOps COEEqual Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of theCompany to provide equal employment opportunities to allqualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careersClosing Date Please apply before: 12/31/2019Federal Disc/Physical Demand Note:
The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. This position is also subject to being "on call" for emergency situations requiring immediate resolution. Travel between all CareFirst locations may be required. The functions of this position may also require physical activity such as bending, stooping and kneeling, as well as lifting equipment of weights up to 50 lbs.Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship