Lead Software Engineer Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you'll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll seek challenges with flexibility and patience, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Why You'll Love This Job:
Being a member of Risk Analytics group, you will apply a deep technical knowledge in order to craft and construct critical systems. May contribute from the early stages of an initiative, work with the business, Functional Architects, and domain specialists on related systems, or may be contributed during the design phase to work on specific components. This involves working with the Senior Software Engineer, and other technical contributors at all levels, to make well-informed technology recommendations. This position contributes expertise to project teams through all phases, including post-deployment support. This means researching specific technologies, and applications, participating in application design, supporting development teams, testing, troubleshooting, and production support. The TLSE must possess strong communication skills and be able to earn the respect of a software engineering team and influence the team in technical design and implementation. This position requires working closely with the functional and governance functions, and more senior technical resources, reviewing technical designs and specifications, and contributing to cost estimates and schedules. Your Responsibilities:
Talents Needed for Success:
- Be a technology expertise - a domain specialist on one or more of programming languages, vendor products, DTCC applications, data structures, business lines; works with Infrastructure partners to stand up development, testing, and production environments; works with the Functional Architect to ensure designs satisfy functional requirements; reviews and extends data models; and contributes to solutions that satisfy performance requirements; constructs test cases and strategies that account for performance requirements; tunes application performance issues; develops and maintains system documentation
- Effectively handles individual and team performance, maintaining high standards for team members. Supports team in handling client expectations and resolving issues on time.
- Ability to effectively lead global and distributed development teams and collaborate with multi-functional teams
- Review BI requirements, identify the right business partners to work with, drive requirements gathering sessions with them and produce clear requirements for report development. Develop and demo rapid report prototypes to gain user feedback as quickly as possible then incorporate that feedback into overall requirements. Design and develop reports and dashboards with a product manager demeanor, with a vision, consistent look/feel and excellent user experience
- Collaborate with data architects and data engineers for data structures (warehouse tables/views) needed for reports
- Intake requirements into the BI backlog, then lead the BI backlog and plan sprints. Implement best practices and standards as it relates to Microsoft BI reporting platform(s) such as Power BI. Design and implement proof of concept solutions and build sophisticated BI visualizations efficiently using best practices
- Facilitate and coordinate discussion and to handle expectations of multiple stakeholders
- 6+ years' experience in application development or system analysis
- 2 years of team leadership experience
- PMP Certified and Scrum Master certified preferred
- Master's degree in technical/computer field or related experience required
- 4-6 years of experience as a business intelligence (BI) developer, data analyst and/or business analyst
- 3-4 years' experience with BI tools Power BI or Tableau
- Experienced eye for data visuals; knowledge of what visuals to show where, when and to whom; and a high degree of attention to detail/consistency
- Experience working with one or more relational databases, such as SQL Server or Oracle, Snowflake (preferred)
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure such as Microsoft Azure or AWS
- Familiar with different software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. About UsAbout DTCC
DTCC safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide. From where we stand, we can anticipate the industry's needs and we're working to continually improve the world's most resilient, secure and efficient market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost and bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle.
Our work environment favors openness and gives people freedom to do their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing teamwork. When you join our team, you'll have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions at a company that is recognized as a thought leader in both the financial services and technology industries. A DTCC career is more than a good way to earn a living. It's the chance to make a difference at a company that's truly one of a kind. About the Team
IT Risk and Data Services department seeks to meet our clients' needs by capitalizing on the progress made in both the Risk Technology Program and the Data Analytics work and driving adoption of these capabilities across the enterprise. Important initiatives like the Modernization and Resiliency Programs count on these foundational capabilities to succeed.