Looking to lead a dynamic team of IT professionals?
As a Lead Software Engineer
you'll team up with Software Engineers, Scrum Masters, Leads, Managers, and Directors where you will be able to deliver first-class software that solves real business problems. You will perform advanced-level application analysis, design, development, unit testing and implementation activities. Also, have the opportunity to provide input and feedback to others on topics of architecture design, code quality and business solutions.
Here's what we want to see from you: Required:
• Minimum 3 years of experience leading development teams
• Minimum 5 years of experience in full .NET software development, especially in the areas of: Visual Studio, TFS, C#, SQL Server, WCF, ASP.NET, Web API, LINQ, SOAP, and REST
• Minimum of 5 years experience in a large-scale, multi-platform environment
• Working knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis & Design, Design Patterns, SOA, IOC, Dependency Injection, and Mocking
• Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills
• Proven leadership and mentoring skills
• Passionate about software development and delivering high quality applications
• Passionate about team and team members' success
• Proven ability to drive innovation and deliver successful results for enterprise level applications
• Must possess a strong sense of ownership, responsibility, and initiative
• Flexibility to balance multiple assignments in a fast-paced environmentPreferred:
• Experience in Agile Application Development & Scrum methodologies is preferredEducation:
Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in a technical field or equivalent work experienceAbout GEICO
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.