Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm) Primary Responsibilities:
- Led Development of Java web services which were built within Mule ESB offering both REST and SOAP interfaces. Attend scrum meetings to define requirements, plan design, implementation and testing phases
- Write well-designed, efficient code in IDE to implement the logic and unit test it. Load and performance testing and benchmarking, including performance testing of highly complex systems
- Defined the System Interfaces (XSD), created Mule ESB Flows, performed payload transformation & developed middleware data Entity mapping Solution utilizing spring, JDBC
- Use Jenkins CI/CD as a deployment tool to build all Mule images and deploy to OpenShift by single click
- Create Maven Archetypes for generating fully functional REST web service supporting both XML and JSON Message transformation. Contribute to increases in code quality and productivity in areas such as Test/Behavior Driven Development, Refactoring, Pair Programming (Extreme Programming/XP), and Agile Estimation and Planning
- Effectively use of J2EE Design Patterns namely Session Facade, Factory Method, Command and Singleton to develop various base framework components in the application.
- Develop alerts, timed reports and manage Splunk applications
- Review, test and debug team members' code. Schedule product releases with internal teams
- Knowledge on X12 EDI language and generate data files following the HIPAA Standard
- Knowledge on Red Hat Linux to install hardware and debug production issues
- To Integrate MQ Series, HTTP, File system and SFTP transports using Java/Mule
- Use Log4J components for logging and perform daily monitoring of log files and resolve issues
- Use HL7 connector to send data over HL7 protocol to external systems
- Use OpenShift container platform for deployments and TWS for scheduling the jobs
- Experience in Production support and attend calls in case of any Production Issues
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Providing accurate and timely estimates for tasks
- Serves as technical expert for assigned areas
- Facilitate root cause analysis and recommend/execute corrective action plans as needed
- Conduct code review to ensure the work delivered by the team is of high-quality standards
- Achieves harmonious working relationships with business partners and within team
- Ensuring timely deliveries for all assigned tasks as per schedule
- Adherence to the defined Production support delivery processes/guidelines
- Participates in the on-call rotation for Application Monitoring and work on ServiceNow tickets and ensuring applications are secure and up to date
- Develops innovative approaches on performance optimization & automation
- Good oral & written communication Skills
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or higher level of education or equivalent work experience
- 10 + years of application development (or support) experience in a large enterprise environment in Java, Web Service or MuleSoft ESB or equivalent technologies.
- 5 + years of experience leading teams and/or managing workloads for team members
- 5+ years of prior experience leading development and / or support for large, critical applications (preferably on multiple platforms)
- Ability and willingness to hold on-call responsibilities to respond to system issues 24x7x365
- Expert level understanding of IT Delivery
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- Experience in integration and implementation of interfaces.
Careers with Optum.
- Healthcare industry experience preferably community applications and portal.
- Experience with a relational database preferred (Oracle, MySQL etc.)
- 5+ years of full SDLC experience
- 3+ years of working experience in Database technologies
- Experience using ALM/Rally/ALM/AHA and ITSM applications e.g. ServiceNow.
- Proven Problem-solving skills, Analytical skills
- Experience in app/tool/version migration
- Experience reviewing, configuring and supporting ETL tools
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Software engineer, Java, Mulesoft, ESB, Database, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota