Kforce has a client in Urbancrest, OH that is currently searching for a Lead Software Engineer/Solutions Architect to work a remote role. Our client is looking for someone who is interested in moving into more design/architecture, and less hands-on development.
This team is focused around applications and systems within the four walls of a distribution center: warehouse management (WMOS/WMS), transportation management (TMS), logistics management, and labor management systems (LMS). Lead Software Engineers are responsible for working with the client's Software and Applications Engineers to define technology architecture, including policies, standards and procedures used by Implementation and Support/Operations teams.
The Lead Software Engineer will own the totality of the project, overall solution, and how will the pieces fit together. The Lead Software Engineer is responsible for working with the vendor on the design requirements, ensuring what the vendor is spec-ing fits into the plan, hardware sizing (hardware specifications that will need to be implemented), work with internal teams to stand up the environment, etc.
* Lead Software Engineer provides input into enterprise strategies and roadmaps
* Participates in developing application system and technology standards, templates and methods
* Effectively applies standards in designs within their domain
* Lead Software Engineer understands requirements and helps author technical designs for new systems and system changes, including data conversion and interfaces to other systems
* Expert with designing and developing scalable microservices using open-source Java Frameworks: Spring MVC/Web Flux and Spring Boot
* Experience working with multiple database tools like DB2, SQL, Oracle
* Experience with AS400/RPG code analysis, DB analysis/design to JSON/XML design is a plus
* Solution Design and Architecture experience is a plus (taking a technical concept and formulating a technical solution, and determining how that solution should be implemented)
* Experience with CI (Continuous Integration) methodologies and tools, including automated testing tools
* Experience with overall solution implementation, leading dev team, etc.
* Understands relevant business and technology directions
* Experience working in an agile development environment
* Good communication and leadership skills - detail orientated and experience with business interaction, etc.
* Experience in retail, logistics, transportation, parcel carrier domains - or a strong track record of learning new industries, interest in the logistics space, and curious about the transportation side (how shipping works)
* Experience working with a mix of internal and 3rd party vendors is a plus
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.