Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a Hands-on React JS Development Manager for
assignment with one of our premier Insurance
clients in New York City. He or she must live within commuting distance to either Holmdel, NJ, Bethlehem, PA, or Hudson Yards, NYC. Responsibilities
Required Technical Skills
- Hands-on Development Manager. He or she will develop code as well as demonstrate best practices to the team relative to developing features and functions of the site.
- Report to the Director, Self-Service Application Development
- Design, develop, and deploy high-volume, high-usage self-service web portals for the firm, utilizing React and Java/J2EE technologies.
- Help shift the front end to React and to support the migration of the legacy IBM Websphere Portal to a new strategic API server-side system.
- Lead team of contractors and/or employees to deliver software projects that drive value to the customer service website across all users including plan holders, members, providers, etc.
- Collaborate with Technical Teams, Technical Manager, Project Manager and subject matter experts from the businesses and work closely with SMEs to understand, plan and implement.
- Ensure compliance with security, privacy, legal, infrastructure, and administrative/corporate processes and policies.
- Ensure project success by reviewing project plans, timelines, estimates, and requirements documents providing feedback.
- Lead code reviews and administer paired programming.
- Lead implementation efforts: infrastructure setup and integrations with other applications, and/or front end open or licensed software. Recommends better, faster, or smarter implementations.
- Take a leadership and mentoring role when working with less experienced staff always raising the bar of technical expertise within the organization.
- Partner with stakeholders, educating, negotiating and influencing them on implementation options and risks.
- Provide unique insight in the analysis of customer business requirements that may cross multiple functional areas and/or multiple technical platforms and understand the broad strategic implications.
- Contribute to creative idea generation and may initiate and lead strategic projects that will add significant value to the business.
- Contribute to technical strategic planning for Guardian, proposing new directions and technologies.
- Act independently and as part of a team to translate business and technical requirements into well-engineered, tested, and deployed applications.
- Jump in and hit the ground running with a positive attitude.
Other Required Skills include:
- The top technical skills required are:
- Highly proficient React 16 and earlier
- RESTful Web Services, Postman, HTTP (POST/GET/PUT), OAuth, Swagger
- Other highly desired technical skills include:
- Java and J2EE
- Spring / Spring Boot
- Amazon Web Services or other SaaS experience
- Experience in a startup or venture-like operating model is mandatory
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent; advance degree desirable.
- Strong knowledge of release/build/configuration management practices.
- Demonstrable understanding of object-oriented design/development, functional programming, and service-oriented architecture.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical and aggressive project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Extensive experience in Software Development Life Cycle Management using Kanban, Scrum, or Scaled Agile is required.
- Understanding of complex development issues including security, accessibility, concurrency and cross-browser/device compatibility.
- Experience working in a rapid and agile development environment with frequent deliveries.