Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you'll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll be supported and surrounded by other professionals as you learn new skills, advance your career, and see the impact of your efforts every day. Pay and Benefits:
Why you'll love this job
- Competitive compensation, including base pay and annual incentive
- Comprehensive health and life insurance and well-being benefits, based on location
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Time Off and other leave of absence
- Flexible/Hybrid Work Arrangements
Being a member of the Information Technology, DTCC Enterprise Team, the Lead Software Engineer will be responsible for proactively achieving assigned goals and objectives in support of the enterprise strategic business agenda, as well as maintaining client satisfaction with their portfolio of assigned accounts.
The Lead Software Engineer will provide technical expertise and coordinate day to day deliverables for a team. They will assist in the technical design of large business systems; build applications, interfaces between applications, understand data security, retention, and recovery. They will research technologies independently and recommend appropriate solutions. Your Primary Responsibilities
- Apply a deep technical knowledge to design and construct critical systems.
- Contribute from the early stages of an initiative, working with the business, Functional Architects, and subject matter experts on related systems, or during the design phase to work on specific components.
- Work with the Senior Software Engineer, and other technical contributors at all levels, to make well-informed technology recommendations.
- Contribute expertise to project teams through all phases, including post-deployment support
- Work closely with the functional and governance functions, and senior technical resources, review technical designs and specifications, and contribute to cost estimates and schedules.
**NOTE: The Primary Responsibilities of this role are not limited to the details above. ** Talents Needed For Success:
- 8+ years of experience in java application development or system analysis
- Bachelor's degree or related experience required
- Hands on experience on Java, Spring, MQ, XML, SQL. Good to have AWS cloud & Agile experience
- Technology Expertise - is a subject matter expert on one or more of programming languages, vendor products, DTCC applications, data structures, business lines
- Platforms - works with Infrastructure partners to stand up development, testing, and production environments
- Requirements Elaboration - works with the Functional Architect to ensure designs satisfy functional requirements
- Data Modeling - reviews and extends data models
- Is aware of frameworks - that promote concepts of isolation, extensibility, and extendibility
- System Performance - contributes to solutions that satisfy performance requirements; constructs test cases and strategies that account for performance requirements; tunes application performance issues
- Security - implements solutions and executes test plans working mentoring other team members in best practice
- Standards - is aware of technology standards and understands technical solutions need to be consistent with them
- Documentation - develops and maintains system documentation
- Is familiar with different software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban)
- Effectively manages individual and team performance, maintaining high standards for team members
- Supports team in managing client expectations and resolving issues on time
- Ability to effectively lead global and distributed development teams and collaborate with cross-functional teams
Who We Are:
- Accountability: Demonstrates reliability by taking necessary actions to continuously meet required deadlines and goals.
- Global Collaboration: Applies global perspective when working within a team by being aware of own style and ensuring all relevant parties are involved in key team tasks and decisions.
- Communication: Articulates information clearly and presents information effectively and confidently when working with others.
- Influencing: Convinces others by making a strong case, bringing others along to their viewpoint; maintains strong, trusting relationships while at the same time is comfortable challenging ideas.
- Innovation and Creativity: Thinks boldly and out of the box, generates new ideas and processes, and confidently pursues challenges as new avenues of opportunity.
DTCC is the heart of the post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From 21 locations all over the world, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. In 2020, DTCC's subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $2.3 quadrillion.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. About Us About DTCC
DTCC safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide. From where we stand, we can anticipate the industry's needs and we're working to continually improve the world's most resilient, secure and efficient market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost and bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle.
DTCC proudly supports Flexible Work Arrangements favoring openness and gives people freedom to do their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing teamwork. When you join our team, you'll have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions at a company that is recognized as a thought leader in both the financial services and technology industries. A DTCC career is more than a good way to earn a living. It's the chance to make a difference at a company that's truly one of a kind.