Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you'll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll be supported and surrounded by other professionals as you learn new skills, advance your career, and see the impact of your efforts every day. Pay and Benefits:
Why you'll love this job:
- Competitive compensation, including base pay and annual incentive
- Comprehensive health and life insurance and well-being benefits, based on location
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Time Off and other leave of absence
- Flexible/Hybrid Work Arrangements
Being a member of the Information Technology Group the Lead Software Engineer provides technical expertise and may coordinate some day to day deliverables for a team. Assists in the technical design of large business systems; builds applications, interfaces between applications, understands data security, retention, and recovery. Can research technologies independently and recommend appropriate solutions.Givess to technology-specific best practices & standards; supplies to success criteria from design through deployment, including, reliability, cost-effectiveness, performance, data integrity, maintainability, reuse, extensibility, usability and scalability; chips in expertise on significant application components, vendor products, program languages, databases, operating systems, etc., and guides less experienced staff during the build and test phases.
The incumbent applies a deep technical knowledge in order to craft and construct critical systems. May contribute from the early stages of an initiative, working with the business, Functional Architects, and domain experts on related systems, or may chip in during the design phase to work on specific components. This involves working with the Senior Software Engineer, and other technical contributors at all levels, to make well-informed technology recommendations. This position supplies expertise to project teams through all phases, including post-deployment support. This means researching specific technologies, and applications, participating in application design, supporting development teams, testing, troubleshooting, and production support. The TLSE must possess strong communication skills and be able to earn the respect of a software engineering team and influence the team in technical design and implementation. This position requires working closely with the functional and governance functions, and more senior technical resources, reviewing technical designs and specifications, and supplying to cost estimates and schedules. Your Primary Responsibilities:
- Serves as an authority on one or more of programming languages, vendor products, DTCC applications, data structures, business lines
- Works closely with Infrastructure partners to stand up development, testing, and production environments
- Works with BSA's to ensure designs satisfy functional requirements
- Data Modeling - reviews and extends data models
- Is aware of frameworks - that promote concepts of isolation, extensibility, and extendibility
- System Performance - contributes to solutions that satisfy performance requirements; constructs test cases and strategies that account for performance requirements; tunes application performance issues
- Implements solutions and carries out test plans working mentoring other team members in standard methodology
- Is aware of technology standards and understands technical solutions need to be consistent with them
- Develops and maintains system documentation
- Is familiar with different software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban)
**NOTE: The Primary Responsibilities of this role are not limited to the details above. Talents Needed for Success
- 8+ years' experience in application development or system analysis, primarily in Java
- 2 years of team leadership experience
- Bachelor's degree in technical/computer field or related experience required
With over 40 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities and data centers around the world, DTCC automates, centralizes, and standardizes the processing of financial transactions across the trade lifecycle and mitigates risk for thousands of institutions worldwide.
At DTCC we value on our clients' interests and partner to deliver superior results with excellence and innovation and lead with integrity. We proactively develop your potential and invest in your career.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. About Us About DTCC
DTCC safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide. From where we stand, we can anticipate the industry's needs and we're working to continually improve the world's most resilient, secure and efficient market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost and bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle.
DTCC proudly supports Flexible Work Arrangements favoring openness and gives people freedom to do their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing teamwork. When you join our team, you'll have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions at a company that is recognized as a thought leader in both the financial services and technology industries. A DTCC career is more than a good way to earn a living. It's the chance to make a difference at a company that's truly one of a kind. About the Team
The Information Technology group delivers secure, reliable technology solutions that enable DTCC to be the trusted infrastructure of the global capital markets. The team delivers high-quality information through activities that include development of essential, building infrastructure capabilities to meet client needs and implementing data standards and governance.