Lead Software Engineer Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you'll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll be supported and surrounded by other professionals as you learn new skills, advance your career, and see the impact of your efforts every day. Pay and Benefits:
Why you'll love this job
- Competitive compensation, including base pay and annual incentive
- Comprehensive health and life insurance and well-being benefits, based on location
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Time Off and other leave of absence
- Flexible/Hybrid Work Arrangements
Being a member of IT Solutions team, you will provide technical expertise and may coordinate some day-to-day work for a team. Assist in the technical design of large business systems; build applications, interfaces between applications, understand data security, retention, and recovery. Can research technologies independently and recommend appropriate solutions. Contribute to technology-specific best practices & standards; contribute to success criteria from design through deployment, including, reliability, cost-effectiveness, performance, data integrity, maintainability, reuse, extensibility, usability and scalability; contribute expertise on significant application components, vendor products, program languages, databases, operating systems, etc., and guides less experienced staff during the build and test phases. The Application Development team in IT Solutions group delivers solutions that respond to the business needs of the global capital markets with quality, efficiency, and excellence, using innovative technologies and providing secure information management Your Primary Responsibilities
- Platforms - works with Infrastructure partners to stand up development, testing, and production environments
- Requirements Elaboration - works with the Functional Architect to ensure designs satisfy functional requirements
- Data Modeling - reviews and extends data models
- Frameworks - is aware of frameworks that promote concepts of isolation, extensibility, and extendibility
- System Performance - contributes to solutions that satisfy performance requirements; constructs test cases and strategies that account for performance requirements; tunes application performance issues
- Security - implements solutions and executes test plans working mentoring other team members in best practice
- Standards - being aware of technology standards and understands technical solutions need to be consistent with them
- Documentation - develops and maintains system documentation
- Effectively manages individual and team performance, maintaining high standards for team members
- Supports team in managing client expectations and resolving issues on time
**NOTE: The Primary Responsibilities of this role are not limited to the details above. ** Talents Needed For Success:
- 8+ years' experience in application development or system analysis
- 2 years of leadership experience
- Bachelor's degree in technical/computer field or related experience required
Who We Are:
- Strong programming knowledge on SQL, Python and extensive AWS Services experience.
- Hands on experience in Snowflake is an added advantage
- Is familiar with different software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban)
DTCC is the heart of the post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From 21 locations all over the world, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. In 2020, DTCC's subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $2.3 quadrillion.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. About Us About DTCC
DTCC safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide. From where we stand, we can anticipate the industry's needs and we're working to continually improve the world's most resilient, secure and efficient market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost and bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle.
DTCC proudly supports Flexible Work Arrangements favoring openness and gives people freedom to do their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing teamwork. When you join our team, you'll have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions at a company that is recognized as a thought leader in both the financial services and technology industries. A DTCC career is more than a good way to earn a living. It's the chance to make a difference at a company that's truly one of a kind. About the Team
To maintain strong alignment between IT and the business, we are bringing together all Solutions-focused teams under a unified technology organization, IT Solutions. The newly-formed IT Solutions department combines Application Development and Enterprise Application Support functions, allowing us to leverage synergies to support the Solutions business lines.