Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you'll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll be supported and surrounded by other professionals as you learn new skills, advance your career, and see the impact of your efforts every day. Pay and Benefits:
Why you'll love this job
- Competitive compensation, including base pay and annual incentive
- Comprehensive health and life insurance and well-being benefits, based on location
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Time Off and other leave of absence
- Flexible/Hybrid Work Arrangements
Being a member of the IT Team the Lead Software engineer provides technical expertise and may coordinate some day-to-day deliverables for a team. Assists in the technical design of large business systems; builds applications, interfaces between applications, understands data security, retention, and recovery. Can research technologies independently and recommend appropriate solutions. Contributes to technology-specific best practices & standards; contributes to success criteria from design through deployment, including, reliability, cost-effectiveness, performance, data integrity, maintainability, reuse, extensibility, usability and scalability; contributes expertise on significant application components, vendor products, program languages, databases, operating systems, etc., and guides less experienced staff during the build and test phases.
The incumbent applies a deep technical knowledge in order to design and construct critical systems. May contribute from the early stages of an initiative, working with the business, Functional Architects, and subject matter experts on related systems, or may be contribute during the design phase to work on specific components. This involves working with the Senior Software Engineer, and other technical contributors at all levels, to make well-informed technology recommendations. This position contributes expertise to project teams through all phases, including post-deployment support. This means researching specific technologies, and applications, participating in application design, supporting development teams, testing, troubleshooting, and production support. The TLSE must possess strong communication skills and be able to earn the respect of a software engineering team and influence the team in technical design and implementation. This position requires working closely with the functional and governance functions, and more senior technical resources, reviewing technical designs and specifications, and contributing to cost estimates and schedules. Your Primary Responsibilities
- Technology Expertise - is a subject matter expert on one or more of programming languages, vendor products, DTCC applications, data structures, business lines
- Platforms - works with Infrastructure partners to stand up development, testing, and production environments
- Requirements Elaboration - works with the Functional Architect to ensure designs satisfy functional requirements
- Data Modeling - reviews and extends data models
- Is aware of frameworks - that promote concepts of isolation, extensibility, and extendibility
- System Performance - contributes to solutions that satisfy performance requirements; constructs test cases and strategies that account for performance requirements; tunes application performance issues
- Security - implements solutions and executes test plans working mentoring other team members in best practice
- Standards - is aware of technology standards and understands technical solutions need to be consistent with them
- Documentation - develops and maintains system documentation
- Is familiar with different software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban)
- Effectively manages individual and team performance, maintaining high standards for team members
- Supports team in managing client expectations and resolving issues on time
- Ability to effectively lead global and distributed development teams and collaborate with cross-functional teams
**NOTE: The Primary Responsibilities of this role are not limited to the details above. ** Talents Needed For Success:
• 8+ years' experience in application development or system analysis primarily working in Java.
• 2 years of team leadership experience
• Bachelor's degree in technical/computer discipline or related experience required About DTCC
With over 40 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities and data centers around the world, DTCC automates, centralizes, and standardizes the processing of financial transactions across the trade lifecycle and mitigates risk for thousands of institutions worldwide.
At DTCC we value on our clients' interests and partner to deliver superior results with excellence and innovation and lead with integrity. We proactively develop your potential and invest in your career.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. About Us About DTCC
DTCC safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide. From where we stand, we can anticipate the industry's needs and we're working to continually improve the world's most resilient, secure and efficient market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost and bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle.
DTCC proudly supports Flexible Work Arrangements favoring openness and gives people freedom to do their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing teamwork. When you join our team, you'll have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions at a company that is recognized as a thought leader in both the financial services and technology industries. A DTCC career is more than a good way to earn a living. It's the chance to make a difference at a company that's truly one of a kind. About the Team
The IT Governance and Assurance Department focus on advancing organizational goals through the effective and efficient use of IT, by ensuring IT has the necessary capabilities and controls to enhance the stability of DTCC products. The department will also be responsible for maturing core IT business management and governance capabilities.