Business Unit Path
Information Technology Individual Contributor Job Family Role Type
Development Software Engineering Job Title Corporate Title
Lead Software Engineer Senior Associate Business Unit Description
The Information Technology group delivers secure, reliable technology solutions that enable DTCC to be the trusted infrastructure of the global capital markets. The team delivers high-quality information through activities that include development of essential, building infrastructure capabilities to meet client needs and implementing data standards and governance.
The Development family is responsible for creating, designing, deploying, and supporting applications, programs, and software solutions. May include research, new development, prototyping, modification, reuse, re-engineering, maintenance, or any other activities related to software products used internally or externally on product platforms supported by the firm. The software development process requires in-depth subject matter expertise in existing and emerging development methodologies, tools, and programming languages. Software Developers work closely with business partners and / or external clients in defining requirements and implementing solutions.
The Software Engineering role specializes in planning, documenting technical requirements, designing, developing, and testing all software systems and applications for the firm. Works closely with architects, product managers, project management, and end-users in the development and enhancement of existing software systems and applications, proposing and recommending solutions that solve complex business problems.
- Be Visionary: Visionary leaders are Change Drivers advancing the organization's strategy by being Future Focused and Compelling Communicators.
- Build Capability: Leaders build capability in themselves by being Committed to Personal Excellence and are Talent Developers for others by providing growth opportunities, feedback and coaching.
- Create Community: Our leaders are Inclusive Leaders who are Relationship Minded, embracing individual differences, inspiring others to thrive, and building networks for effective collaboration.
- Empower Results: Leaders at DTCC are Results-Oriented, delivering timely, high quality, client-focused results, while mitigating risk. They are Business Savvy and understand DTCCs position in the global marketplace, recognizing the emerging industry trends that can impact DTCC business strategies.
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Act as a technical expert on one or more applications utilized by DTCC
- Work with the Business System Analyst to ensure designs satisfy functional requirements
- Partner with Infrastructure to identify and deploy optimal hosting environments
- Tune application performance to eliminate and reduce issues
- Research and evaluate technical solutions consistent with DTCC technology standards
- Align risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
- Apply different software development methodologies dependent on project needs
- Contribute expertise to the design of components or individual programs, and participate in the construction and functional testing
- Support development teams, testing, troubleshooting, and production support
- Create applications and construct unit test cases that ensure compliance with functional and non-functional requirements
- Work with peers to mature ways of working, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Fosters a culture where honesty and transparency are expected.
- Stays current on changes in his/her own specialist area and seeks out learning opportunities to ensure knowledge is up-to-date.
- Invests effort to individually coach others.
- Builds collaborative teams across the organization.
- Communicates openly keeping everyone across the organization informed.
- Resolves conflicts across the department by helping others find common ground.
- Ensures expected quality standards are met consistently; Minimizes risks associated with departmental projects by observing established instructions and processes.